forum

Im getting worse.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
bailablesolid4
ive been playing a 3 star beatmap because thats around my skill level and over the 3 days ive been playing and practicing i got better starting today my accuracy has dropped by 4-6% and i havent been able to get it back up this has happened to me before and i just stopped playing that beatmap and havent gone back. i dont know whats happening
Kurumayu
That's weird. Something similar happened to a player I know, it came back to normal after a few weeks without playing. Have you been tired/eating correctly/having a weird sleep pattern in the last days ? You might only been tired, or experiencing a bad day, it happens.
[TAS]
Happens all the time actually but i think its more in your head then you think it is. First of all you are not getting worse by any means. You literally couldn't get worse because the more you play the more patterns and notes you have in your muscle memory and muscle memory isn't something that decays very easily. The drop in acc could be lots of things. For example lets say you set your offset at -0.15 but you are actually MORE accurate then you were when you initially set your offset. That would affect your acc a lot because your using an old offset that doesnt work for you anymore. Same thing with skins, scroll speed, etc.
Yyorshire
same
Amane
just quit the game its not worth
Clyde
I have experienced this before, honestly, I think its pretty normal. Some days are really good, some days it feels like I'm mushing onto my keys. When this happened to me about a year ago, a friend told me I should try taking a break from the game, it helped me, especially since my hands were in pain every day. But there may be some other factors going against your play such as lack of sleep, depression, stress and sometimes even pressure. It may also be worth taking a bit of a hiatus from that map, there are plenty of maps that I couldn't pass, and after practice with other maps, passing them seemed within my reach. Some days will be harder then others on Osu, but if you keep pushing forward, taking breaks when you need it, I'm sure you will be doing fine.

If you would like a little more help, feel free to add me on Discord: Clyde#1498

Have a great day, and remember! ~Happy Tapping~
BakaDani
One thing I've found that helped me is I'll get better playing at a higher scroll speed and then start struggling. Once I start struggling I found turning down the scroll speed helped me get back in gear
Sed

Amane wrote:

just quit the game its not worth
I agree.

I also suffered from the disease known as ''I suck'' or ''I'm getting worse fuck'' and to cure my disease I stopped playing the game for a few months and found a new skin and I still suck. Stop playing this game. It's not worth.

Actually taking a break and changing the skin worked for me. I did my Cataclysmic Shitnova score after I changed my skin.
ThisIsDen1al
Happened to me before as well. I stopped playing for 5 days and my accuracy has dropped by like 3-4% which made me really mad.

What helped me get back into the game is just finding other beatmaps I like to play and honestly just relax. Eventually you'll get back into the groove of things and get back to normally where you were (or even better). This could also be something about your attitude too. Getting mad about the fact you're not playing better will just make you worse at the game

Hope this helps
Kawawa
I think the problem is your fatigue or mind block something by repetitive action but nevertheless you skill is actually still growing.
what I mean is, to getting a high score is really depends on your condition of each day. you have to realize it well.
don't worry It's valid to everyone. even me still having a trouble on this but I'm overcoming it with hard practicing.
4One
Still struggling with a stupid 5.2* map which I almost beat 4 months ago. Now after thousands of plays I barely reach half of the level. Started practicing it for hours, even with No fail and half time, now I almost die at the beginning lmao. Tommorow I probably won't be able to hit the first notes.

Only thing that helped was using a fade filter so it forced me to look at the very top of the screen.
koemada
you could take a break for a bit, or just play more (but different maps, don't stay on the same one for too long) and also maybe see if you are having any weird sleeping habits etc etc. it happens to most of us so don't worry too much about it.
SnowingFlames
I was just dealing with this, and from the feedback and comments that were already on here, I could get some patterns on why this happens.

I didn't get enough sleep last night, binge watching, doing whatever, ended up sleeping two hours before my alarm. I went to school to have a groggy day, so I decided to play some osu once I got home. Turns out, my eyes were very off and it kind of hurt to look at osu since it was so fast. It felt like someone blinding you with a flashlight after waking up.
[LS]PositoniX

SnowingFlames wrote:

I was just dealing with this, and from the feedback and comments that were already on here, I could get some patterns on why this happens.

I didn't get enough sleep last night, binge watching, doing whatever, ended up sleeping two hours before my alarm. I went to school to have a groggy day, so I decided to play some osu once I got home. Turns out, my eyes were very off and it kind of hurt to look at osu since it was so fast. It felt like someone blinding you with a flashlight after waking up.
please dont bump old threads, especially threads for gamemodes you dont play
elgordau
i have the same problem and its not just a bad day its been going on for weeks , same sleeping schedule , same diet , same everything . I just cant hit the notes i used too. took breaks , i always play different maps . Honestly i think its a mental block and its hard to overcome it.
troIIing

elgordau wrote:

i have the same problem and its not just a bad day its been going on for weeks , same sleeping schedule , same diet , same everything . I just cant hit the notes i used too. took breaks , i always play different maps . Honestly i think its a mental block and its hard to overcome it.
dont necro

also this is a thread about mania, a gamemode you haven't played
show more