forum

[Archived] OBS Problem with OSU

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
PartyNator
So I wanted to stream OSU and I have a really good gaming laptop with an NVIDIA GTX 1050 TI and Intel I7-7700HQ but every time I try to stream OSU the screen capture is black and when I go to my twitch channel, I can hear the audio but the screen is black and I dont know how to fix this problem.
Death
Make sure you have OBS set to use the same GPU osu! is using. AFAIK OBS cannot capture games using the opposite GPU that it is running on (at least using Game Capture, monitor capture may work).
Miyeli
try clicking window capture and select osu!

this mostly works out for me
Topic Starter
PartyNator
Ok so Window Capture worked and now I can see OSU through OBS but now I'm having reduced frame drops. When playing 4* maps I can see the lag whereas without OBS I get a solid 240 fps. I also tried running in compability mode and its the same.
Death
Did you ignore my post... or?

Try disabling Geforce Experience's in-game overlay if you have Geforce experience installed. Could also be due to one of OBS's settings specifically. Try disabling the preview to see if that makes a different.
Topic Starter
PartyNator
Already had Geforce experience in-game overlay disabled and tried disabling the preview, still bad fps.
Tobias Leander
Try this. Go to obs settings, advanced and set process priority to high.
if that doesnt fix the stream lag spikes maybe turn the bitrate down a little.
Topic Starter
PartyNator
Tried both didnt work ;-;
show more