forum

What do you think about your "homeland"?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Hexlock
I've been living in Italy for about 17 years now, and I don't really enjoy my local environment. Since osu is a global community, i found it interesting if we all just told their pros and cons of their homelands from their questionable point of view.
Zozimoto
isn't this supposed to be in surveys?
GSG95

Zozimoto wrote:

isn't this supposed to be in surveys?
You're right, it should be in surveys. This shouldn't be in off-topic because otherwise everyone will just shit on this thread.

I think this is an interesting question though. I wanna hear what people have to say about their homelands.

Could a mod please move this before this thread turns into Chernobyl?
Nameless
Assuming this'll be moved, I'll give a serious answer:

Politically, I don't know what to think of the UK anymore. Everything seems to be in shambles but I don't indulge myself much in politics so I'm not too sure.
However, I actually really like the UK for its big cities: there's an absolute shit-ton to do in the big cities and the food is stellar, although that might just be due to the fact that I've lived in a very small city my entire life. Speaking of which, my city is absolutely terrible for what I want to do - finding a job is near-impossible because there's no vacancies going around because it's a small area. The trains to larger cities are expensive, too.
My neighbourhood, though, is actually quite amazing because I live right by a lot of shops. It's really convenient that I live by all what is arguably the coolest stuff in my home-city.
Leslawa
My country is boring.
I want to move to Poland
B1rd
Well, I don't feel like Australia is anymore my "homeland" than the UK or the US. Though out of these, I only like the US.
kai99
korea is a shithole, i like canada
Taj
I have mixed opinions.
There's just too much to say, per se.
TeeArctic1
Pretty good country overall, bit unsocial people, but generally very welcoming once you get to know them.

Politically, I wish there was less pointless bureaucracy, more cooperation and less competition about saying the same thing differently, but better, and yet, it is highly stable and our multiple party-structure serves as a way to not stray far to the right or left.
Although I wish we took more responsibility in the world and stopped our dependency on oil before it's too late.
_Vaporwave_
would lie and say "PRAISE TO MOTHER RUSSIA, WE WILL TAKE DOWN CAPITALIST SCUM" but instead ill be series.
I love my homeland of the good ol' usa, been living here all my life and probably will die here so god bless america and everyone living here
KemZii
it's very nice
Journal
Born in USA, but homeland is somewhere else lol. Too patriotic for their own good, too focused on superficiality, and too stubborn. A lot of stigma surrounding mental illnesses and bad grades.
Carmlillball
Its alright, but everything is crazy right now and I'm kinda scared of leaving the EU. Everyone's going to hate us British although Brexit only won by like 51%. :(
show more