forum

Well here it is. More Wolfette drama. Clarification.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Achromalia
So. The thread noone is asking for, but will be posted anyways.

Well, more shit is going down behind their back. If you just visited the /r/osugame reddit subforum in the past 17 hours, you know what it is. More indifference and long-held apathy regarding Wolfette/AsrielDr33murr now leads to disregard for her perspective.

Each opinion may differ a bit, but most seem to be along the lines of "I dont know them well, but for who they seem to be, good riddance".

With the growing numbers of those who disregard her testimony for what they think they know of her, some berate Wolfette for who she identifies as. The rest are slightly more rational and focus on the issues, considering her past actions on the forums.

We know she's been a part of the dramatic debates and mini-shitstorms in the OT and GD threads. That's the past. Some of us move on, but a lot would think otherwise, that her claim of changing and improving, and getting over her depression to make a better attempt to thicken her skin and endure the shit she'd go through, doesn't excuse her past behavior.

Both sides are understandable, in my perspective. Both have their reasons.

- - -

I'll start off with the events that have been taking place and review how it has gone:

Initially, she started up a thread about her depression, which was where a lot of the drama picked up.

More threads were made, some complaining about life, some complaining about certain users or a specific moderator, and some about her own threads or self-updates. Eventually, Wolfette, known as "AsrielDr33murr" at the time, wound up exiled.

She's been accused of aggressive behavior in discord servers, around the time she had her personal life issues at their worst. She took higher doses of her medication than suggested and she claims she wasn't in the best state of mind at the time. In fact, both parties, she and others, had reacted to each other aggressively. She states they had in a sense denied her of any comfort or sympathy, even after her complaints of her issues. She had gotten to the point of asking for sympathy, which didn't help the perception of her actions.

Upon asking her, she states she didn't ever intend to be aggressive, but knew she reacted as such as a response to other comments that seemed to invalidate or almost berate her. At a certain point, any views of her were made worse by her identity. She didn't take it well and had felt they weren't justified.

Within conversations with Wolfette, it is confirmed that she regretted her past behavior and intends to change. Unfortunately this is around the point of no return, it only got worse considering that past, giving most a slightly flawed perception of them.

After trying (and often failing considering actions promptly taken by Flanster, amongst some other community members) to make successful rebuttals of her improvement, I began to recognize the issues coming up and that something was probably being disregarded, or misunderstood, or was simply drowned in apathy.

Recently, after having her account restricted at an unfortunate timing (as she states to have had a lot to look forward to, about to submit more CTB and Mania maps), she has requested the reasoning of the mods. They message back, only to re-state her previous behavior.

She even made a thread in GD, which was quickly deleted, to state that she no longer wants to cause trouble, and that she'll do her best to be docile. Yet, for whatever reason, that was included in the list of deletion. It caused a lot of suspicion within me as at this point, I had forgiven her for the most part, and the mods seemed adamant in deleting her threads.

And now, about 16 hours ago, she made a subreddit, of which practically everyone expressed their gratitude of her departure. It didn't seem right. Everyone was deterred by her attitude in the past and noone seems to have bothered to reach out to her personally and reconcile or comfort her, which means noone has really bothered to let her tell her side of the story a bit better. Apathy and hostility, hand in hand, just made this become more of an unjust treatment of her. Though, it's doubted whether or not she deserves an immediate second chance.

Meeting her and speaking with her, I can say she's a pretty decent person, but is indeed misunderstood, as laughable as it would be. I have befriended her, and there dont seem to be any issues between us. We occasionally joke around, and just discuss the things that've happened so far. I will say, she isn't the best at phrasing. She's... probably a bit fragile. She perceives herself a victim, but for something I'd see as reasonable enough.

If there were any more altercations I hadn't been aware of and haven't addressed properly, please feel free to state them.

- - -

In short, I asked Wolfette her side of the story to combine her thoughts with other parts of the picture for the events that took place. Take this with an open mind, this might devolve into another potential shitstorm, but I find it necessary to bring all this information to light. My intention is to first, gather what everyone's thoughts are regarding this. Secondly, to mediate between all parties to understand things as they are. Thirdly, to bring a better result to all parties in the long-term. To do so, I wish to report the situation as it seems to be and find ways to clarify the details.

If you have an opinion or any sort of bias,...

...then that works too. I dont wish to immediately limit what you think or say, I wish just to show things as they are and take more information into account.

Moving on.

- - -

My points here are that she's not exactly deserving of the judgmental shitstorm that's been following her, and has been encircling her.

She is responsible for her past, it isn't entirely excusable. She wants to change from that. In many ways, she has. A few of her recent update threads from about a little less than a week or two were deleted despite no drama occurring, and it seems it had been a sign of improvement until deletion.

She's an unusual individual, sure. Being objective about her issues is understandable, but she's fragile with that. It boils down to the "Tough, get over it" attitude we respond with, and that's what caused further problems. it had provoked her. Both sides have taken inappropriate action.

She, in the sense that she saw a reason to retaliate against what she felt threatened by, but did so aggressively and rather brutishly.

Us, in the sense that we've judged her and mocked her for it, telling her to have a thicker skin, to deal with her problems on her own, that she shouldn't be complaining just because of her depression, simply because some of us state to have it too (we react differently to depression, some us find the need to take matters into our own hands, some are shaken and are battered down, feeling hysterical and reacting hysterically or intensely). We tell her to post her problems elsewhere. A lot of us dont bother to help.

Maybe I'm overdoing this. Perhaps we all just wish to move on. I just saw that it was slightly unjust to move forwards without giving much attention or effort into understanding her instead of glossing over our interpretation of her off of these events.

If you've personally had altercations with her, I'd be glad to hear your side of the story as well. It'll be appreciated and might help make things clearer. Just moderate yourselves a bit.

That's it for now.
Husa
WTF
Topic Starter
Achromalia
Welp. Hopefully this makes things a bit more understandable, but it probably wont do much of anything aside from restating things in a bit more passive manner. And possibly making things worse of course (hopefully that isn't the case).
Meah
tldr
Zekks
T
Topic Starter
Achromalia
tl;dr is in order. here's an attempt, but the issue is that making it shorter only cuts out more information:

In short,

Wolfette is not entirely deserving of the judgmental shitstorm that's been following her, and has been encircling her.

She is responsible for her past, it isn't completely excusable. She wants to change and improve from that, and some things indicate she has. Her recent update threads from about a little less than a week or two were deleted despite no drama occurring, it seemed to be a sign of improvement until its impromptu deletion.

She's an unusual individual. Being objective about her issues is understandable, she's fragile about that. It boils down to our responses like "Tough, get over it", and that caused further problems. it had provoked her.

Both sides have taken inappropriate action and are at fault for certain things being done.

She, in the sense that she saw a reason to retaliate against what she felt threatened by, but decided to do so aggressively and rather brutishly.

Us, in the sense that we've mocked her for it, telling her to have a thicker skin, to deal with her problems on her own, that she shouldn't be complaining just because of her depression, simply because some of us state to have it too (despite the fact we react differently to depression and cant expect one another to react the same way). We tell her to post her problems elsewhere. A lot of us dont bother to help her because we were deterred by her previous behavior.

These are the concluding statements, the explanation and events are in the original post.
-Makishima S-
Sorry but you need to be special to get banned in 14 days or less after first unban.
:thonk:
Meah
boring
Zozimoto
as a friend of her, i have to say, that i don't have anything to add to this, as it perfectly matches everything i know.
Serraionga
not everyone can be helped

yes, this goes to your little attention-seeker friendo
Tae
Actions have consequences, and you don't get a fucking get out of jail free card just because of your issues. Yes, we interpret things differently, but that doesn't mean, under any circumstances, that you are entitled to special treatment.

Asriel has a habit of adding fuel to the fire, and is honestly her own worst enemy when it comes to these situations - seeking attention as opposed to actually accepting others may have differing opinions.

Also, don't forget: If someone gets timed out, silenced or restricted, leave them be and don't start talking about them. If someone is restricted, their case involves only them and the game administration - absolutely nobody else!

As you've said, nobody asked for this, so stop white-knighting her and leave the situation be.
Topic Starter
Achromalia

Tae wrote:

Actions have consequences, and you don't get a fucking get out of jail free card just because of your issues. Yes, we interpret things differently, but that doesn't mean, under any circumstances, that you are entitled to special treatment.
Fair. The whole "sympathy for my issues" thing didn't go over well, and I wouldn't say that would solely be a reason to forgive her. Her issues are more of an indirect instigator or provocator when it comes to how she reacted, her attitude was made worse by her situation and as for anyone under extreme stress, many would freak out a bit or become fragile. Objectively, it probably still doesn't matter much. But it's an important piece to understand how it occurred, that she never went out of her way to mess with anyone with the intention of fighting people. As for "special treatment", being a "unique" case shouldn't matter. In all cases the individuals actions, intentions, and provocators should be non-discriminately considered with depth. Some are harder to find answers to than others.

If it were to be a troll, for example-- They may intend to have some fun, and decide to maliciously attack people among the community. Perhaps their background would've affected their will of malice, but regardless, neither the reason or background is exactly excusable in the case of the past. Now it's being looked at in the present.

For Wolfette, she had felt abused and pressured for whatever reason, her provocators are obvious here. She hated everyone in the first place, and it's easy to see considering that most people found her attitude to be rather unfavorable for the community and responded to her with little consideration for personal issues past her veil of asking for sympathy. At that point mostly everyone dismissed her. Her reason for doing what she did at the time was more reactive, a result of people bothering her for her claims or previous actions or attitude. That said, the actions for feeling threatened were obvious. Aggression.

In short, I'd agree it's not excusable, but the concepts of intention, instigator or provocator among actions shouldn't be dismissed.

Tae wrote:

Asriel has a habit of adding fuel to the fire, and is honestly her own worst enemy when it comes to these situations - seeking attention as opposed to actually accepting others may have differing opinions.
Agreed. Phrasing, attitude and reactive agression was not helpful here. As stated, both could've taken it better. She, for her reactive outbursts instead of getting past the parts that offended her.

Tae wrote:

Also, don't forget: If someone gets timed out, silenced or restricted, leave them be and don't start talking about them. If someone is restricted, their case involves only them and the game administration - absolutely nobody else!
Alright. I suppose that's fair. The thread was meant for clarification as to the reasoning for some of the things that occurred to her, and is here to present things as they stood. I'll stay off of it once it blows over, I found it to be a bit harsh of a reaction was all.

Tae wrote:

As you've said, nobody asked for this, so stop white-knighting her and leave the situation be.
Having left the situation the way it had been, things would be a bit unjust for some of the actions done in recent days. Namely the deletion of threads under no dramatic causation and purely civil stuff. That's the moment it didn't seem right.

As for whiteknighting, this isn't in an attempt to protect her from everything she's responsible of, but to clarify and convey things for what they were, and showing her side of the story. Giving one person a chance to express their views seems a bit minor to call someone a whiteknight so quickly for. In a sense, I wanted to present myself as the journalist here. I told her what she was responsible of personally in the first place. I asked her for details, told her what she had done wrong in certain cases, and presented where she could've done better. There's little bias in that. It's simply giving someone a microphone, if you will.
B1rd
"her"
ColdTooth

B1rd wrote:

"her"
yeah im with this guy for once, i don't trust people and like people that tell me "hey please identify me this or you're a fucking idiot"
Tae

Relevant
Meah
birds of the same feather flocks together
abraker
I always try my best to avoid pronouns when referring to Asriel
hayate13
i like rabbits.
Topic Starter
Achromalia

hayate13 wrote:

i like rabbits.
i'd prefer turtles. rabbits are alright though.
levesterz
show more