forum

[Archived] osu! running slower and slower

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
tehdeh
Last week osu! would run at a smoothed 240fps with a response time of 1.5ms. Now it runs at 200-205fps with a 5ms response time. I can only suspect windows 10 could be the culprit like it always is for me but i have no idea what it is other than that.

Specs

Motherboard - MS-7721
GPU - GTX 650 Ti BOOST
CPU - AMD A10
Memory - 8GB, DDR3 1333, 240pin, PC310666

I know my specs are a literal potato.
Dntm8kmeeatu

tehdeh wrote:

Last week osu! would run at a smoothed 240fps with a response time of 1.5ms. Now it runs at 200-205fps with a 5ms response time.

These numbers are impossible.

The "ms" provided is just an inverse of FPS, so 240fps being 1.5ms is a lie, and 200-205 being 5ms is accurate.

1.5ms would be 666fps, so either your game never ran at that, or you are mistaken.

Also, when in doubt, restart your computer.
Topic Starter
tehdeh

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

tehdeh wrote:

Last week osu! would run at a smoothed 240fps with a response time of 1.5ms. Now it runs at 200-205fps with a 5ms response time.

These numbers are impossible.

The "ms" provided is just an inverse of FPS, so 240fps being 1.5ms is a lie, and 200-205 being 5ms is accurate.

1.5ms would be 666fps, so either your game never ran at that, or you are mistaken.

Also, when in doubt, restart your computer.

my friends pc runs osu at almost 2000fps with 0.5ms is that proportional?
Death
No it is not. Where are you getting these numbers from? If you are using some other application that is not osu!, it's probably giving you inaccurate numbers for what the game is actually producing.
Topic Starter
tehdeh

look at my in-game frame rate.
(also sorry not 200-205 but 210-220fps)
Death
I'm not sure what the picture is meant to illustrate. It was previously said that your 5ms, ~200fps figure was correct. 227fps that is being displayed is well within what I would consider an acceptable margin of error compared to the ms value displayed, considering it may take a bit of time to change (there is a bit of an animation time on the numbers), and your frametime is more accurate than the fps value.

The other figure, 1.5ms and 240fps was not accurate. The previous figure in your post was inaccurate, but you edited that to say 0.5ms right around the time I made my post if I'm not mistaken, which is accurate. I didn't catch the edit at the time.
Topic Starter
tehdeh
Well its not really a problem now since ill be getting a completely new build better than my friends when all the parts arrive so ill be getting back to what i was at before.

Also now that i think of it i may or may not have had my frame limiter set to Unlimited and it was showing me that i was still capped at 240 fps. Must be why i would have been getting 1.5ms.
show more