forum

[Archived] Quick Draw Medal Not Working

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Raynare
Hello, I will get right to the point. It is known that in order to get the Quick Draw medal, you need to be the first one to finish a play in a ranked or qualified mod in its original mode without there being any other play in other difficulty. This is what I just did yet I didn't get the medal. This is the link to the screenshot proving how I was the first person to get a play in a qualified map: https://prnt.sc/j0aqw3. I hope this issue can be resolved and I can get my medal. Thank you.
- Zuramaru -
It probably only applies to ranked maps. People in the comments on the Haitai.jp site are saying it didn't work for them with qualified maps.

Regardless, you're probably not going to be manually given a medal.
Topic Starter
Raynare
Chaos told me a couple of days ago on #osu that it applies (or at least it should) to both ranked and qualified maps, which is why I'm so curious as what the reason is for me to not have received the medal. I know I might not be given the medal manually but I just wanna know what went wrong.
- Zuramaru -
I'm not really sure unfortunately. The best you could do is try again when a map gets ranked. Honestly a lot of medals just don't work half the time even when you meet the requirements.
Topic Starter
Raynare
Lately Osu stuff doesn't work half the time such as ranks, medals and score submissions to be honest. But it would have just been nice for a mod to reply and give me a legitimate reason to as why the medal wasn't given to me. Thanks for your help though.
TR4NQU1L1TY
I can second this issue, although I've attempted to perform the Quick Draw medal even with ranked maps. I've gone to the extent of taking on a newly ranked map and claiming first scores on every single difficulty; there would be no recorded scores other than mine.

I don't have great proof as of now, but here are just a few scattered screenshots I took during those instances... I've done this with a few newly qualified and ranked maps already.

One example (not clear, unfortunately) of claiming the first score on a ranked beatmap...

Again, even all difficulties, no other plays than my own...

Perhaps the medal is somehow glitched? It is not too big of a deal, but I have gone through the necessary procedure multiple times. Maybe I'll get it, one of these days :D

Best of luck! TR4NQU1L1TY
Topic Starter
Raynare
Thank you for your input. I would honestly assume the medal is just not working properly right now due to the instability of Osu these days, and personally I won't try to get that medal again until a solution is given. Too bad though, hunting for those newly qualified maps was kinda fun.
Topic Starter
Raynare
Bump.
Topic Starter
Raynare
Bump.
Topic Starter
Raynare
Lucky 7
Whulf
Yeah it doesn't work for me either, I've set the first rank on plenty of ranked taiko maps & mania maps yet I still don't have the medal

Every other medal works fine though