forum

[Archived] Very short lag spikes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
klilla89592
I'm having a very strange issue, and as I progressively improve at osu, it's slowly becoming a progressively more prominent issue for me.

Essentially, I will be in the middle of a song, 400 combo or something, and all of a sudden, i'm about to hit a note and bam, a small little lag spike, lasting no more than a second kicks in and screws everything up, from my timing, to my accuracy. I know it doesn't sound that bad at all, it's less than a second after all, and although it is very brief, it is extremely impactful on gameplay, and it shows. Perhaps my terminology is poor, but I can't seem to find a direct solution to issue problem via Google or the remainder of the osu forums.

I'm nearly certain it is just osu since I never run into any small lag spikes or studders in other games, even very graphically demanding games.

System specs:

Core i7 7700HQ
8.00 GB RAM
Geforce Nvidia GTX 1050
PLEXTOR PX-128S3G 128G
Windows 10

Ex: https://youtu.be/-LUsvpzmE-s
Dntm8kmeeatu
Try disabling or closing all background programs and processes that aren't required for your PC to run correctly.

Antivirus are sometimes known to cause issues, so temporarily disable yours and see if it helps. Do this at your own risk, and please remember to turn it back on.
Kiiera
What Windows 10 update are you running?
show more