forum

SoundTeMP - Be Nice 'n Easy [Taiko|Osu]

posted
Total Posts
show more
Noffy
oh my goodness!!
congradulations to everyone involved, it's been a while !
Topic Starter
ErunamoJAZZ

Okoratu wrote:

who's okorin?
:roll:

Thank you very much, and to everyone who help me with this mapset, >.<!!!!
Etsu
Hi Eru! I was checking your map and found an unused file: "Taiko_BG.jpg", RC says that there must not be any unused files.
Topic Starter
ErunamoJAZZ
True!, I will request a dq to fix this maybe tomorrow (I am a bit busy and out without a PC with osu! today). Thank you Etsu :3
Nardoxyribonucleic
Disqualified for unused background image. Please remove "Taiko_BG.jpg" from the beatmap folder.
Topic Starter
ErunamoJAZZ

Nardoxyribonucleic wrote:

Disqualified for unused background image. Please remove "Taiko_BG.jpg" from the beatmap folder.

Fixed!, Thank you Nardo :3
Nardoxyribonucleic
Rechecked and confirmed with the removal of unused background file.

Rebubbled~
Stefan
nae nae
Izzywing
hi

general -

the offset is 10 ms late

easy -

You use some claps on non-white ticks when generally using them for the 2nd and 4th white ticks (the usual drum pattern) and it kinda sounds messy since it feels like you're using hte same hitsound for various different sounds. I suggest not using a regular soft clap on the following and instead using like a normal clap or a drum-something

00:17:781 - should not have clap
00:24:181 - should not have clap either.
00:27:381 -

isn't 01:31:181 - this little section missing claps? Not sure why you start using them starting on 01:36:381 - instead of on the bookmark since the music doesn't really change anything outside of introducing the melody? but that level of intensity had claps earlier in the map. so this feels really strange to me.

hard -

this is not the reason for the dq mod, but I figure I'll point it out anyway.

rhythm here seems really underwhelming to me. the song has a melody that utilizes blue ticks (with sounds like 00:39:881, 00:43:081 - ) but these are completely ignored in the mapping. I guess this is your choice, but I want to point this out since I think the map will be nicer if you map to the blue tick rhythms instead of skipping them for mapping the background instruments. Your choice though.

like, you even map to it sometimes (like with 00:57:981 (2) - )

01:29:981 - not sure why this section aint using claps when it's the same intensity as some of the earlier sections that used claps. randomly starting them up again for 01:33:581 - when there's no noticeable distinction in the music from the previous section is a very peculiar decision. if you could explain it that would be great.

noteasy -

00:12:871 (8) - if you are meaning to snap this to the piano, the correct snapping looks like this - http://puu.sh/AtDMP/04366c0fca.jpg (those are 1/12th ticks), it becomes obvious when you fix the offset

01:29:971 - like i mentioned in the other diffs, you probably should start using claps here
01:41:171 (1) - this spinner feels really weird to me, like why not just map this out? putting a spinner in the middle of the gameplay when the song is still going is weird to me. but i guess its okay if you really want it.
01:44:971 (3,4,5,6,7) - the 1/4 being this highly spaced in this calm section is odd to me. its so much larger than what you used in the kiai/chorus. i get it for the melody streams, but just some hi-hats like this is excessive
neonat
Muzukashii - 00:53:881 (2) - and 00:57:081 (11) - are really obscure if it's in the song, and the rhythm isn't easily heard

Having nothing at 00:55:981 on Oni as well feels like things were cut abriptly, the music differs from 00:52:781
-Mo-
Disqualifying so we have some time to address these mods.

Some other things I spotted:
- Easy's combo colour 3 seems to be different to all of the other diffs for some reason.
- Hard: 00:37:081 (1) - 01:54:181 (1) - The ranking critera recommends 1 beat for spinner recovery time. It would be a good idea to adjust these if possible, especially for the latter one as the next note starts near the top edge which may be a little tricky for lower level players.

Also feel like -7 is better for offset instead of -10. The stuff about the claps seem like minor but valid points to me.
Izzywing
Yeah I checked offset again and -7 or -8 seem good to me.
Topic Starter
ErunamoJAZZ
ups, I did not noticed the dq... :S sorry.

Applied offset -7
Fixed the combo colour 3 in Easy diff, and clap things in all diffs.

About the spinners in Hard, considering the BPM of this song (150, when the RC use 160 as base), I feel the recovery time appropriate, so I did not changed this.
Other suggestion about rhythm was not applied because I am not agree.

About 01:45:274 (4,5,6) - in the last diff, it is not high spaced, it is 1.0x, the same space used in 01:46:874 (4,5,6) - , I personally find this more comfortable that by example 01:35:974 (7,8,9) - where I used that to make a feeling of jump, but that is not necessary here because the rhythm is more plain.

Thank you, and I am sorry for late response >.<
OnosakiHito

neonat wrote:

Muzukashii - 00:53:881 (2) - and 00:57:081 (11) - are really obscure if it's in the song, and the rhythm isn't easily heard What would you suggest? Currently I would keep it like this because in this way it is consistent with the previous patterns. Switching to a full beat could be more problematic considering the rest is not.

Having nothing at 00:55:981 on Oni as well feels like things were cut abriptly, the music differs from 00:52:781 I see your point. However, it is probably better to keep it consistent that way, else I have only one single and distached finisher which doesn't have any connection to any other pattern. It would be also a waste of opportunity if I would delete both finishers just for following a rather unsignificant 3/4 sound since the they give a good contrast to the whole section while the alternation of them is very fitting to the song.

Thank you for your check!
neonat
about the Muzu, all I can suggest is to go for the 1/2 beats in the song in those sections in the kiai
like at 00:47:074 (2) - it already kinda hints that the music has changed slightly as they already added a beat in the song at 00:47:174 -
so I would say for 00:53:874 (2) - 00:57:074 (11) - have beats at 00:53:774 - 00:53:974 - 00:56:974 - and 00:57:174
OnosakiHito

neonat wrote:

about the Muzu, all I can suggest is to go for the 1/2 beats in the song in those sections in the kiai
like at 00:47:074 (2) - it already kinda hints that the music has changed slightly as they already added a beat in the song at 00:47:174 -
so I would say for 00:53:874 (2) - 00:57:074 (11) - have beats at 00:53:774 - 00:53:974 - 00:56:974 - and 00:57:174
I tried this now a few times but what you suggest is not exactly the way the beats go. It brought me however to the actual way it goes: 00:53:574 - contains ddd d d x kkk while 00:56:774 - goes with a ddd x d d kkk and would be the more exact way to follow it up. So your guess was not wrong. However, the 3/4 are so dominant in the previous sections that playing any alternation of these is more likely to be awkward than just keeping the rhythm consistent. After all, after 5 full stanzas, you get used to this setup, so having another rhythm rather breaks the consistency here which I would rather not like to do.

As I said before, thank you for your time and effort checking these diffs!
Okoratu
[hard]
01:54:174 (1) - btw i actually agree that the spinner is aids, you barely have time to complete the spinmner if you spin properly

consider giant sliderart starting from 01:53:774 - like you did for 01:04:374 (1) - , i think that would suit the map way better
Krfawy
Hi, I think the spinner in Hard difficulty is too soon, however, I think it can be fixed really really really easily without even remaking any pattern that much different. Basically I recommend you end the spinner on 01:55:174 - then you move this slider: 01:55:774 (1) - on 01:55:574 - CTRL+G the slider and make it repeat one time and rehitsound it a little bit and it's going to look like this: *CLICKIE* Everyone is going to be pretty happy with this solution as it won't change the pattern too much yet the issue is going to be removed.

Good mapset. o3o
Topic Starter
ErunamoJAZZ
Okay, I agree with Krfawy suggestion. Thank you very much n.n
Okoratu
that works
Stefan
yes