forum

[duplicate] Gradual/Linear Slider Velocity Timing Points

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
rg_seo
To explain further, a way for mappers to change SV smoothly and gradually over a set period of time.

I'm definitely not the most experienced mapper at all, but I've noticed when mapping (for Taiko at least) that to get a smooth transition from a slower SV to a higher SV, you'd have to place multiple points, say, increasing by 0.01x every 1/4 beat. In short sections for subtle change this isn't as much of a problem, but if you want a buildup over 8 bars, you can see how tedious this would get.

My solution is to have a new type of timing point, or have it set so you can place a pair of timing points that are linked. The first timing point decides the start SV, and the second decides the finishing SV. If you placed normal timing points within the two linked ("linear points"), they would override the linear points.

I think this would save many mappers a lot of time when mapping, because implementing gradual SV change into maps tends to be the most repetitive, annoying part, especially when the editor crashes and you haven't saved in 20 minutes.
abraker