forum

[Archived] Dropping frame, more details in the subject.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Lunaii
Problem Details:

When playing every mod i have dropping frame, and when I alt+tab the game freeze for like 3sec before letting me out of the osu screen.
I already tried every option of the osu-ingame settings, i did try to run Osu from a different place, like a USB key, it doesn't solve the problem.
I tried to udapte Geforce experience, didn't solve the problem.
I tried to play stepmania, i have no dropping frame, the problem doesn't come from my computer
When i limit my fps to 120 in osu it's a litle better, but i still have some dropping frames
Vsync help a litle with dropping frame, but i still have some.
My Drivers are udapted.

I'm on Windows 10
I have 8GO Ram, Intel Core i5-7500 CPU 3,40GZ, Nvidia Gefroce GTX 1060 6GB
I'm using a 144hz screen, when i limit my screen to 60hz it doesn't fix the problem.

I tried stable version, beta version, every version in the osu settings i could.

HELP. I've never encounter a problem that no one can solve...
I tried to post my problem in the french part of the forum, no one solved the problem.

osu! version: 20180611.3
modrei_DELETED
disable focus assist in windows settings
Topic Starter
Lunaii
It is already disable
modrei_DELETED
try disabling fullscreen optimalizations in osu properties > compatibility

check if you're not running out of ram or storage as that might affect your performance as well
Topic Starter
Lunaii
I just disabled full screen optimisation, it still doesn't work (And i'm not running out of space or ram, storage or anything)
modrei_DELETED
is there a chance something is running in the background? i mean stuff like antivirus or something constantly pinging internet etc., try disabling that
Topic Starter
Lunaii
I tried to play osu with anything else then osu! open on my computer, it's the same
modrei_DELETED
try booting into safe mode with networking and try running osu
Topic Starter
Lunaii
I can't open Osu! in safe mod with networking (5, f5) I have an error message when i try to open it and after this message, osu says that i'm not connected to internet for an udapte
modrei_DELETED
otherwise internet works in there?

im retarded nvm, pls search for your drivers again, even tho you've said they're updated, and install the second newest one (gpu ones most likely)
Topic Starter
Lunaii
All my drivers are indeed udapted, maybe i'm wrong, how am i supposed to be sure ?