forum

[Archived] Input Lag Issue

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Someone098
Hey guys,

Looking for some help with this input lag issue.

I'm normally around 0.5ms-0.8ms when I'm playing. But occasionally during a song, it would randomly jump to 2ms-6ms and then I'd feel some intense mouse drag as well (ex: If I'm moving the cursor in one direction, it feels as if something is not allowing me to, so I have to pull towards that direction even more).

Is there any way I can fix this? Perhaps it is a problem with my mouse/settings?

The mouse I use: https://steelseries.com/gaming-mice/rival-310
Imgur album of my current settings: https://imgur.com/a/HWzcSgD
(note: I play on fullscreen mode - used windowed just so I can take images)

Thank you all in advance!
AldumSK
Try ending background applications, it could also be your antivirus making occasionally checks, if that doesnt help try running the game in compatilibity mode or try another version
oSumAtrIX
Does it happen to certain maps only?
Also check off the enable storyboard setting, it may improve gameplay and decrease input lags.
Can you provide your system specs?
Topic Starter
Someone098

AldumSK wrote:

Try ending background applications, it could also be your antivirus making occasionally checks, if that doesnt help try running the game in compatilibity mode or try another version

I usually play with all bckground applications off and played with compatibility mode as well. I'll take a look at antivirus and different versions though. Thanks!

oSumAtrIX wrote:

Does it happen to certain maps only?
Also check off the enable storyboard setting, it may improve gameplay and decrease input lags.
Can you provide your system specs?

Nope. It seems to happen with all maps.

As for specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5-8600K
GPU: 1080Ti
RAM: 16gb
SSDs: Two separate ones. One for Windows 10, other for games.

I'll try enabling storyboard settings as well. Thanks!
Topic Starter
Someone098
After a day of trying and doing said suggestions, I still keep getting bad input lags.
preperation
Is fullscreen mode on?
Topic Starter
Someone098
Yes, fullscreen mode is on.
oSumAtrIX

Someone098 wrote:

Yes, fullscreen mode is on.

hmm, tried updating ur nvidia drivers?
Brainage
Try enabling compatibility mode.
Venix

Brainage wrote:

Try enabling compatibility mode.
They already said that they did so.

Also, you should check if any processes in the background aren't affecting too high load of your computer. To do so, run the task manager and look at percentage load of listed components. If loads are very high then you should try to turn off some processes.

Important advice: don't turn off processes which are required to make your computer work properly!