forum

Bonus PP calculator

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Roan

Bonus PP calculator

So a little while back a friend of mine asked me to write a program to calculate how much bonus PP he had.
And after writing said program I figured, why not share it with the rest of the community?

For those of you that don't know what bonus PP is, it's basically PP awarded for having passes on a certain number of maps. You can read more about this on the wiki.

To use the program you will need an osu! API key, which you can get here (under Legacy API).

After you run the program you should see the following form:

After you fill in the details you should get an output like this:

It'll tell you both the amount of bonus PP you have and from that it'll also calculate the number of ranked scores/passes you have.
Every point on the graph represents one of your top 100 scores and what it's worth both weighted and raw (I just thought it looked nice so I left it in).

One thing to note however is that this program uses some statistical tricks in order to get an approximation of the amount of bonus PP you have. So the returned values are not 100% acurate, I believe them to be pretty close though :)

So have fun with the program (or not :P) and feel free to report any bugs you may encounter.

Downloads

(Java required)
Windows executable
Runnable Java Archive

All releases: link
Github repository: osu-BonusPP
Luqanted
love u
Kao
I didn't know there was a bonus until now
megaover03
oof
Topic Starter
Roan

megaover03 wrote:

:v hasta aqui huele a virus hdp
It's most definitely not a virus. Besides if you don't trust the direct download links you can always get the source, check it and compile it yourself.

I used Google translate
oSumAtrIX
we need something like this IN osu <3
Topic Starter
Roan

oSumAtrIX wrote:

we need something like this IN osu <3
^^ Yeah, it would be nice to have the real number available somewhere instead of having to rely on statistical tricks.
Binchulu
After running this program, all permissions to my downloads folder are locked and I cannot open anything there or download anything to that folder until I restart my PC.
Also flagged by Bitdefender.
pkhg
i just used it and everything was fine
Topic Starter
Roan

mrkawaiikun wrote:

After running this program, all permissions to my downloads folder are locked and I cannot open anything there or download anything to that folder until I restart my PC.
Also flagged by Bitdefender.
Although those effects are a bit weird, I see no reason why they would be caused by this program. Besides, it's open source so you can always check and compile the code yourself. I'm not all that surprised that it would get flagged though as I'm of course not a well known author.
Segment1127
Thank you! I used it and there wasn't any problem.
Topic Starter
Roan

Segment1127 wrote:

Thank you! I used it and there wasn't any problem.
Glad it was useful to you :)
DaChaino04
How can i get the API i entered the page but idk how to
Topic Starter
Roan

DaChaino04 wrote:

How can i get the API i entered the page but idk how to
It should ask you for an app name and an app url. For the app name you can enter anything you like, though you might want to pick something descriptive for yourself. For the app url you can enter either the link to this forum or the link to the GitHub repository. After that you should get an api key consisting of 40 numbers and characters ;) .
tanatloc
very cool,thanks >w<
Topic Starter
Roan

tanatloc wrote:

very cool,thanks >w<

You're welcome >w<
Smeric
Wow this was really useful! Thanks :D
Topic Starter
Roan

Smeric wrote:

Wow this was really useful! Thanks :D

Glad you liked it :)
Sosteneshion
I did not know about bonus pp until now!!

Thank you for sharing the program. Its very useful and it could be a actual feature in game.
Topic Starter
Roan

sosteneshion wrote:

I did not know about bonus pp until now!!

Thank you for sharing the program. Its very useful and it could be a actual feature in game.

^^ that bonus pp exists in the first place doesn't seems to be a very well known fact. I would love to see the actual number somewhere in game or on the website though and that would probably also make more players aware of its existence.
Jnrk
Thanks, still works in 2023.
Topic Starter
Roan

Jnrk wrote:

Thanks, still works in 2023.
Good to hear it's still useful :)