forum

Up-and-coming player says "Hello!"

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sheller3
Hello everyone!

I'm Sheller, AKA S3, and I've been playing this game (standard mode) for almost six months now. Throughout these six months, I've experienced my fair share of frustrations, thrills, wth moments, and everything in between; but I still love the game, as much as I tend to rage at it for my failures :P. In terms of ranking, I'm currently sitting at just over #30,300 global, and under 5k USA.

For now, I am definitely a single tap jump map player. I have good aim, but struggle with consistency, and anything involving streams I either drop acc significantly or flat fail. (I've been working on training this for a couple weeks now, and it's getting better, although I still have a very long way to go.)

As for goals, eventually I'm hoping to reach top 1% (~14k) global, with a more specific goal of reaching 4-digit ranking. From there, I hope to reach top 5k for OWC qualification. More short-term, I'm anticipating being around 20k by the end of this calendar year; although I'd be thrilled if I reached it sooner!

Other random facts:
  1. I'm hoping to pick up streaming again once I upgrade my graphics card, with a focus on osu and maybe Rainbow 6 Siege (haven't decided on that one, but osu for sure!). Shameless plug in advance: https://www.twitch.tv/Sheller3
  2. I played semi-pro eSports in World of Tanks for several years (3 years and 5 or 6 seasons iirc). During that time, I was both a team member and captain, and helped cast some of the league matches. I also helped commentate a season of a different league on behalf of the company.
  3. IRL I do both French and Indian and American Revolutionary War reenacting, including as artillery crew. Yes, I've shot black powder cannons and muskets; and yes, I love it!

I'll monitor this thread for a while, to answer any questions and reply. Otherwise, in general, feel free to ask me any questions here or in-game, spec me while I'm playing, etc! I'm sure I'll be seeing you around, and glhf!
Kirika
It's sure nice to meet you! I used to know someone who did reenacting, they loved it and it sounded like a blast! I added you, hope to see you on osu, or maybe even in the forums too!
Topic Starter
Sheller3
Thank you!
Reenacting really is a blast, both literally and figuratively. It's an expensive hobby to get into, but to me it was worth it!
Yep I'm sure you'll see me online at some point. Forums not so much, mostly because I tend to lurk rather than post nowadays...We'll see though!