forum

Vibrance Player (aka. Edge Player)

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

Xcrysdale wrote:

Hey man just wanted to check back in to see if you were still working on this, I've opted to revert back to an older version due to the pause bug and recently malwarebytes has been blocking the outgoing connection when checking for updates to the client, would you say that's a false positive? Thanks for all your work!
Sure I'm still working on this project, there will be soon an update which fixes that bug ;) And yes, that's a false positive.
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Vibrance Player 3.1.1 is out!

1. Added: New visualizer! (Don't worry, it consumes almost no CPU power ;))
  2. Added: Audio fades out smoothly when you close the application
  3. Added: If lyrics are available and you click on a line, the player jumps to the position (extended view)
  4. Added: The player remembers now your last played stream and plays at the start (only when "Save last played song" is activated and the stream was playing when closing the player)
  5. Added: Playlist-Preview: Hover over any playlist while playback is paused or stopped and the player will preview every song of the playlist! (every preview is 7 seconds long)
  6. Added: The default background can now be changed!
  7. Added (Lyrics Creator): Files (.txt, .lrc and audio files) can now be opened via Drag&Drop
  8. Added (Visualizer Studio): Files (.vis, .pad, and audio files) can now be opened via Drag&Drop
  9. Changed: Changed the widget tooltips a bit (thanks Ringosham for the tip)
  10. Changed: The settings window is no longer semi-transparent and spans over the whole interface (for performance reasons)
  11. Changed: The player should no longer freeze while downloading artist biography
  12. Changed: Theme images are updated!
  13. Changed: Long texts should no longer overlap the settings button in the widget
  14. Changed: Default background updated (forgot to change it with the release of 3.0)
  15. Changed: ReactPad initalization (and switching between shapes) should be faster now
  16. Changed: Selecting a playlist jumps automatically back to the song list
  17. Changed: Removing the current song in the active playlist plays the next song
  18. Changed: If you remove the last song in the active playlist aborts the playlist
  19. Changed: You can add songs to your playlist even if they are not synced with the player!
  20. Changed: Playlists are now getting loaded instantly (it was stupid to load them after sync...)
  21. Changed: The audio output option "No sound" is now hidden (Don't know why I've added this option, seriously: who needs a player without sound?)
  22. Changed: If playback is stopped, the previous button is now disabled
  23. Fixed: The volume doesn't reset to 0 anymore at each start
  24. Fixed: Fixed an error where the streaming dialog displayed "NO STRING FOUND"
  25. Fixed: The song details window (not the slidable control!) didn't show the cover of the song
  26. Fixed: Disabling crossfade didn't disable it at all
  27. Fixed: The player didn't start muted although you've exited muted
  28. Fixed: There was a rare bug which caused the directory manager to think that any folder is your default directory
  29. Fixed: The video position gets now properly updated when changing the audio position through clicking on the seekbar
  30. Fixed: After changing the language and hitting Save, the sidebar and title in the settings window weren't localized
  31. Fixed: Some specific .lrc (lyrics file) formats weren't supported properly
  32. Fixed: Lyrics were still displayed after stopping playback
  33. Fixed: There was a bug where the remote tab was refreshed everytime you opened it (which caused serious trouble in some cases)
  34. Fixed: Muting still wasn't bug free, but now it should!
  35. Fixed: The RenderCapability system didn't work properly
  36. Fixed: ReactPad is working again properly
  37. Fixed: Pausing and switching to the next song caused the player to not play
  38. Fixed: Removing a sync directory should now work again properly
  39. Fixed: If the drive which contains your default folder was removed the player was either crashing at startup or looped through the folder configuration
  40. Fixed: When no song in the song list was selected and you wanted to add the current song to a playlist, the player crashed
  41. Fixed: The time for songs that were as long or longer than 1 hour wasn't displayed correctly
  42. Fixed: The player allows you to skip the current song if the repeat mode is set to "Repeat one"
  43. Fixed (Lyrics Creator & Visualizer Studio): "Open with" should work again
  44. Fixed (Installer): Add-Ons (Lyrics Creator & Visualizer Studio) were installed even if you've unchecked the option
  45. Fixed (Installer): Shortcuts are now getting created again! (if checked of course)
raginghelm
I'm not sure if its normal but it keeps updating from 3.1.1 every time it says its finish it ask me to update again.
Weird thing is its not really updated its still on 3.0n
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

raginghelm wrote:

I'm not sure if its normal but it keeps updating from 3.1.1 every time it says its finish it ask me to update again.
Weird thing is its not really updated its still on 3.0n
Thanks for your response!
I'll try to fix this asap, but unfortunately the Nightly version of the player is unable to update automatically (you can either update manually by running the "Update.exe" in your installation directory or you can download the latest version via the first post)
raginghelm
Alright, Thanks for the response, I manage to get it to 3.1.1.0 by reinstalling a fresh new copy from the first post.
Strangely, I first tried installing it without uninstalling the already installed copy, but same issue happen it keeps asking me to update the player.
I also noticed Lyrics Creator, Visual Studio, React Pad & Poly Ring is shown not installed in system information despite having selected them all.
I can even select them in one of the options and open visual studio. Do keep in mind during uninstall of player I kept the personal data stuff which prompt me to save maybe it has something to do with that.
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

raginghelm wrote:

Alright, Thanks for the response, I manage to get it to 3.1.1.0 by reinstalling a fresh new copy from the first post.
Strangely, I first tried installing it without uninstalling the already installed copy, but same issue happen it keeps asking me to update the player.
Yeah I was able to isolate the bug, seems like this bug was introduced sometimes while developing 3.0n. Hotfix will be released shortly ;)
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Vibrance Player 3.1.1.1 is out!

This is a hotfix which eliminates the annoying update bug (details below)

1. Changed: Forgot to change the changelog verion number and all changes
  2. Fixed: The player always told you that there is an update available when there isn't
  3. Fixed: Changelog window showed "This is a secret for now" (I'm very sorry for this...)
  4. Fixed: Saving your settings resets the audio/video position
runix
How do you add lyrics to a song if you have the .lrc file?
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

MagicStick wrote:

Go to the installation folder of the player and paste the .lrc files into the "Lyrics" folder. (You will soon be able to drag&drop lyrics files into the player)
runix

bl8ckdr8gon wrote:

MagicStick wrote:

Go to the installation folder of the player and paste the .lrc files into the "Lyrics" folder. (You will soon be able to drag&drop lyrics files into the player)

How do I assign the lyrics to a specific track though?
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

MagicStick wrote:

The player assigns them automatically based on the file name (if your song is named "Echoes" then rename the lyrics file to "Echoes") ;)
runix
I don't think it's working :o At least I can't get it to work. I'm trying to assign the lyrics to this song, with a file name of Silhouette.lrc (Will multimonitor support be a feature in future updates?)
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

MagicStick wrote:

I don't think it's working :o At least I can't get it to work. I'm trying to assign the lyrics to this song, with a file name of Silhouette.lrc

Sorry, forgot to mention that the file format is "[Artist] - [Title].lrc" ^^" (I should change this though...)

Edit: With multimonitor support do you mean playing videos across multiple screens?
runix

bl8ckdr8gon wrote:

MagicStick wrote:

I don't think it's working :o At least I can't get it to work. I'm trying to assign the lyrics to this song, with a file name of Silhouette.lrc

Sorry, forgot to mention that the file format is "[Artist] - [Title].lrc" ^^" (I should change this though...)

Edit: With multimonitor support do you mean playing videos across multiple screens?

Thanks again! With multimonitor I mean the ability to set the screen the widget is going to be on, as this changes/resets every time I start the application.
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

MagicStick wrote:

Thanks again! With multimonitor I mean the ability to set the screen the widget is going to be on, as this changes/resets every time I start the application.

I will look into the behaviour of widgets and will try to fix them ;) (multimonitor is partially working, as some people reported that the issue has been fixed)
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Vibrance Player 3.2 is out!

1. Added: Missing libraries are getting detected and shown to you
  2. Added: Tracklists! This feature lets you create in-song playlists. Useful if you have songs which contain multiple songs (only available for songs longer than 10 minutes)
  3. Added: Sliders show you now the value while dragging the thumb
  4. Added: You are now able to Drag&Drop lyrics & visualizer files into the player
  5. Changed: PolyRing & ReactPad "fade to zero" if you pause playback
  6. Changed: You can now multi-select songs and for example add them to a playlist
  7. Changed: If an artist has no biography the player shows "No description!"
  8. Changed: If no cover exists for the current song but a background image exists, the player generates a cover out of the image
  9. Changed: The small popup when hovering over the taskbar icon shows now the cover of the current song
  10. Changed: (BETA) Multiple artists are now getting detected by the player (thus you can access the biography of every artist ;))
  11. Changed: The background "shines" through the window titlebar now
  12. Changed: The splashscreen doesn't stay on top anymore! (Requested by fruit on Discord)
  13. Changed: The searchbar now waits a moment before searching
  14. Changed: The "Drag&Drop" playlist is no longer shown in the "Add to playlist" menu
  15. Changed: Some of the equalizer presets have been "reworked" (affected presets: Bass+, Highs, Techno, Live, Soft & Soft Bass)
  16. Changed: The fullscreen controls have been reworked a little
  17. Changed: Added spacing between toggles and their description
  18. Changed: If you are in fullscreen mode, the screen saver won't show up
  19. Changed: Shuffle doesn't repeat the same song until all songs have been played
  20. Changed: Installation size has been reduced by around 5MB!
  21. Fixed: The system information dialog didn't show the file versions for add-ons and ReactPad/PolyRing (even if installed)
  22. Fixed: All songs in a beatmap are now getting finally detected! (some beatmaps may display for example "Jump Training #2", this is due to the title given by the creator of the beatmap)
  23. Fixed: The settings popup fade-in and -out should be much smoother now
  24. Fixed: Improved startup speed
  25. Fixed: There was a bug where selecting the second audio device in the player caused it to not play anything anymore
  26. Fixed: Pressing Next while playback is stopped didn't re-enable features like liking and song details
  27. Fixed: Removing a playlist didn't refresh the "Add to playlist" menu
  28. Fixed: Rapidly pressing play/pause caused the player to not play properly
  29. Fixed: PolyRing wasn't hidden if you select another visualizer
  30. Fixed: Multiple smaller fixes
  31. Removed: The updater is now integrated into the player and thus the Updater.exe has been removed
Also, Vibrance Player Remote 2.0 is out!
  1. Added: Playlist selection is now possible from your phone
  2. Added: Multi-language support! Currently supported languages: English, German, Spanish, Slovak, Japanese and Russian
  3. Changed: Search filters are now implemented as in the player
  4. Changed: Revamped UI!
  5. Changed: Notification icon size has been adjusted
Jatsu42
Hey man, last update doesn't see all tracks from osu - only half of them. My version before 3.2 was 3.0.
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

Jatsu42 wrote:

Hey man, last update doesn't see all tracks from osu - only half of them. My version before 3.2 was 3.0.
Could you send me both your log and your synclog? You can find these under "C:\Users\[UserName]\Appdata\Roaming\Vibrance Player\Logs".
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Vibrance Player 3.2.2.4 is out!

1. Added: Vibrance Player now supports Discord's Rich Presence! This feature can be disabled through the settings
  2. Added: Automatic updates can now be disabled. Also you can change the interval in which the player should search for updates
  3. Added: Errors and crashes are now automatically sent to me (so you don't have to worry about that ;) )
  4. Added: You can now export beatmap backgrounds
  5. Added: Queue any song via right-click -> "Song" -> "Add to queue". Queued songs have to highest priority and are played in the order they have been added
  6. Fixed: Synchronization was broken
nattadasu
Woah! This is such a great osu music player I've ever seen before!
The UI looks so awesome too, rather than others one.

And btw, I'm helping you too for the Indonesian translation 😁

my feedback
Uhm.... Can you add an option to turn on/off the splash screen? I think it's better to have it one since I disliked the splash :/

Bug found
Sometime, the player skip the music by itself even I haven't use the forward key. For me, it's very annoying -3-"
Topic Starter
BlackTasty

sultantadama wrote:

Woah! This is such a great osu music player I've ever seen before!
The UI looks so awesome too, rather than others one.

And btw, I'm helping you too for the Indonesian translation 😁

my feedback
Uhm.... Can you add an option to turn on/off the splash screen? I think it's better to have it one since I disliked the splash :/

Bug found
Sometime, the player skip the music by itself even I haven't use the forward key. For me, it's very annoying -3-"

Hi!

Thank you for your feedback, I really appreciate it! Also thank you for translating the player :D

Sure I can add an option to turn off the splash screen ;) (but keep in mind that this doesn't speed up startup time)
To the bug: Unfortunately I am currently not able to find a solution to this problem, but I'm on it.
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
It's been a long time, but it's finally time for the next step! Vibrance Player 4.0 (at least the Alpha for now which misses some of the features of the previous version, but they will be re-enabled with the next few updates) is now available! Please note that this version of the player is not compatible with your current "songs.db" which houses all synchronised data, but I'm already working on a way to convert the old database format to the new one so you keep things like favorised songs, downloaded artist data, etc...

If you want to test the newest Alpha click here: Download (Bitbucket) - Official installer (Version 4.0 Alpha)

But for now, here is the changelog:

1. Changed: Revamped UI!
  2. Changed: Decreased startup time
  3. Changed: Performance optimization
  4. Disabled: Tracklists, sleeptimer, video playback and discord integration are currently disabled
  5. Disabled: Drag&Drop is currently disabled and will be back with the next version
  6. Disabled: Visualizer Studio and Lyrics Creator are disabled in the installer, as they are currently not compatible with this version of Vibrance Player
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Vibrance Player 4.0.1.4 Alpha is out!

1. Added: Hovering over a song/playlist will now show a notification with the previewed song details
  2. Added: Database conversion! Due to changes in the database your old database got backed up if you've installed the 4.0 Alpha. After this update old database formats are now converted to the new format.
  3. Changed: Some texts are now white/black (depending on your theme) instead of the accent color
  4. Changed: New splash screen!
  5. Changed: Some smaller quality of life changes on the UI
  6. Fixed: Some smaller bugs which would lead to app crashes have been fixed
  7. Re-enabled: Sleeptimer is back with an improved UI
  8. Re-enabled: Drag&Drop is working again
Topic Starter
BlackTasty
Vibrance Player 4.0.2.2 Alpha is out!

1. Added: New settings for FFmpeg. If you decide to install FFmpeg later or you're updating from older versions you can download and install the binaries from inside the settings
  2. Added: A dialog is displayed if you're trying to play a video without FFmpeg installed. You can disable the warning in your settings
  3. Added: Audio should now be normalized across all songs (this should fix an issue where the volume across different songs varies)
  4. Changed: Changed the font color of some texts
  5. Changed: Pre-defined visuals like "Line Peak Spectrum" adjust their colors now according to the current background image
  6. Fixed: Song history didn't always return the correct song when going back and forth
  7. Fixed: Stopping audio playback and then trying to resume or play a song resulted in weird display bugs
  8. Re-enabled: Video playback is back and working better than before! (unfortunately FFmpeg puts a lot of size onto the player, so these files will be downloaded separately by the installer)
  9. Re-enabled: Custom backgrounds can be set once more! (is displayed if a song doesn't contain beatmap background)