forum

[Archived] Help, can't launch osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Astahn
This is my error.
#=z1U64elhN$6ScXutjLe68OMafNiDW: No available GL context found. ---> OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContextException: [EGL] Failed to create window surface, error BAD_ALLOC.
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglWindowInfo.CreateWindowSurface(IntPtr config)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, EglWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext sharedContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Platform.Egl.EglAnglePlatformFactory.CreateGLContext(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Boolean directRendering, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at OpenTK.Graphics.GraphicsContext..ctor(GraphicsMode mode, IWindowInfo window, IGraphicsContext shareContext, Int32 major, Int32 minor, GraphicsContextFlags flags)
at #=zN5FEz26lyeeReWfdrjnq99Map8xE.#=zegPSY_c=(Int32 #=zbrLuJSw=, Int32 #=zxzJ1FKg=, GraphicsContextFlags #=zzeNMliw=)
at #=zl1FmSAdVU5XcZFWz2wwT96w=.#=zh4G6cmQDc_G1(GraphicsContextFlags #=zzeNMliw=)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at #=zl1FmSAdVU5XcZFWz2wwT96w=.#=zh4G6cmQDc_G1(GraphicsContextFlags #=zzeNMliw=)
at #=zl1FmSAdVU5XcZFWz2wwT96w=.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=z_Pvg3ZA=)
at #=zYTfEQdWXPSgMtNA4bKQNAjWhu_TZ.OnHandleCreated(EventArgs #=z_Pvg3ZA=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmCreate(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
at #=zekbVG2TReeQyJ70gKx_9C2k=.WndProc(Message& #=z_sw5Hvg=)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
This occurred after I switched to Compatibility Mode on osu!.
After uninstalling and reinstalling osu! twice, it still didn't work. For problems with my drivers, my Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 is not working so I disabled it. That leaves my GTX 1050 to run my stuff. After the latest Windows 10 update, even Hearthstone ran at very low FPS. Help please.
Death
Restart your computer and try running osu! again.

Update/Reinstall the graphics drivers for your GTX 1050, restart your computer and try running osu! again.

Open your osu! folder and look for a file named "osu!.pcname.cfg". Edit it in any text editor and set the line "CompatibilityContext" to 0 if it isn't already. Save the file and try starting again.
Topic Starter
Astahn
Method 1. doesn't work.

Method 2. has to wait till I get home with better WiFi.

Method 3. I don't have such folder. The closest one is "osu.cfg". With that being said, there's no "CompatibiltityContext" when I open it in Notepad. I can send the contents of the file if you need it.
Faded105
I'm not getting a CompatibilityContext either in my files

Astahn the file called osu.pcname.cfg is replaced with your actual pc name instead of the actual name pcname.