forum

[Archived] frequent FPS drops during gameplay

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Flowziee
hi folks, so basically i bought a g302 mouse 2 - 3 days ago and it worked pretty great. However, when playing beatmaps for the past two days, there were suddenly very frequent (about every 10 secondish?) frame drops during gameplay and it made the mouse slow for that split second. I don't know how and why this is happening, as it didn't occur 3 - 4 months ago (with another mouse, and it's dead now so I can't test that). I think it might be my laptop slightly dying, but I can't say for sure yet.

This is what I have tried so far (without success):
- Tried to cap my fps limit to 120fps and VSync
- Disabled all possible options that impacts the game visually
- Uninstalled the Logitech gaming software
- Put it windowed mode (1024 x 600, works perfectly fine but the circles are so small and prior to this playing fullscreen was no problem)
- Tried to uninstall any unnecessary files (skins, maps etc.)

Specs/Peripherals
HP Stream 13 - more info here: https://www.cnet.com/products/hp-stream-13/specs/
G302 Mouse - more info here: https://www.cnet.com/products/logitech-g302-daedalus-prime-moba-gaming-mouse-usb/specs/
Sonicgear Studio 2

Would be appreciated if this is fixed, otherwise I can't really play osu! ><
Death
Restart your computer, plug in your laptop, and try closing any unnecessary background programs. If possible, try monitoring your processes to see if anything spikes significantly while you are playing that could be causing you to lag.
Topic Starter
Flowziee
Huh.. While playing, I notice the lag coming from sudden CPU spikes (8% - 15% increase). This happens sort of randomly but do sometimes occur when there is a sudden stream or triple in a calm section of any song. Also, I tested with nomod and Relax, and generally the performance on relax is way better than on nomod despite being the same map. It might be my CPU not be able to keep up, but if that were the case, I should not have been able to play without any problems months ago. I always play with a charger connected because it drains fast. As or the background programs, I don't really know whats unnecessary, mainly because a lot of the processes were named weirdly or were important. I did remove some however, but the problem still persists.
modrei_DELETED
i have an idea, try doing this in your windows settings: personalize > colours > disable the transparency effects
Topic Starter
Flowziee

modrei wrote:

i have an idea, try doing this in your windows settings: personalize > colours > disable the transparency effects

i dont use windows 10 though