forum

[Archived] Can I run osu?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ChickenShells
So we have a pc. A pretty old one tho. Can I play osu! on it? Ill give the specs.

Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2200 2.20GHz

Graphics Card: Intel G31/G33 Express Chipset Family

Ram: 2 gigabytes of ram

Is it too low? I have graphics drivers but the game said I'm "missing drivers" what should i do to make it work? :/
Death
If you are received this error message now, I'm just curious how you were able to set scores 24 hours ago?

Can you please run the game and provide the "runtime.log" inside your osu!\Logs folder.
ggnakacarlz
I did tried this setup but only played on 800x600 Comp. Mode ON for smooth gaming.

As for the video drivers, uninstall all drivers then let the OS update the driver by waiting for a change in the display after a restart. monitor the network if ever Windows download some for the PC in Resmon. For me, that work...
Topic Starter
ChickenShells
I played at a computer shop near by. Sorry for the confusion XD

I ran out of money so I've decided to download it on our pc at home. Then the error came up. I really need to upgrade my graphics card do i?
ggnakacarlz
Did you do what I share? If so, maybe you need to upgrade your graphics.

Before, when the version was a Stable Fallback one, this isn't an issue.
Death
You probably should upgrade your graphics sometime in the future. Your GPU does not support the required OpenGL version to run the latest osu! builds. There are two ways to get back to an older version of osu! so that you can play the game:

1. Open your osu! folder (the default path is "C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\osu!")
  2. Edit the file named "osu!.cfg" in notepad (you may need to enable file extensions to make it easier to find)
  3. Set the "_ReleaseStream" line equal to "Stable" (e.g. _ReleaseStream = Stable)
  4. Save the file and reopen osu!

If that doesn't work, download this installer (direct download link) and run it. If you already have a previous osu! installation with maps, skins, etc, make sure you change the installation path to the correct location on your computer. Otherwise it might install to a different location and you will need to move all of your maps and other data over manually.