forum

Options for Combo Colors and more Editor Mode Specific Options

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
DiceSA
Right now there aren't any options for Enabling/Disabling Combo Colors specifically, only when disabling/enabling Beatmap Skins entirely. As well as this there isn't a way to have this setting enabled for the editor but disabled for play mode. I feel like this would be a useful option for modders/mappers who generally play maps without Combo Colors or Beatmap skins, but need to see them when modding/mapping as they are important elements of a beatmap set.

Also separating Combo Colors from Beatmap Skins would be nice for more user options. I don't like skins that change the beatmaps but I would be entirely fine with custom combo colors, but I have to choose between having all or nothing. Overall I think adding this selection of options for both normal playing and the editor would really improve the quality of life around these aspects of the game. It also doesn't make much sense to have these two options tied to each other when combo colors are handled entirely in the .osu file while beatmap skin assets are separate files.
h3oCharles
support
ReesanVaine

DiceSA wrote:

Right now there aren't any options for Enabling/Disabling Combo Colors specifically, only when disabling/enabling Beatmap Skins entirely. As well as this there isn't a way to have this setting enabled for the editor but disabled for play mode. I feel like this would be a useful option for modders/mappers who generally play maps without Combo Colors or Beatmap skins, but need to see them when modding/mapping as they are important elements of a beatmap set.

Also separating Combo Colors from Beatmap Skins would be nice for more user options. I don't like skins that change the beatmaps but I would be entirely fine with custom combo colors, but I have to choose between having all or nothing. Overall I think adding this selection of options for both normal playing and the editor would really improve the quality of life around these aspects of the game. It also doesn't make much sense to have these two options tied to each other when combo colors are handled entirely in the .osu file while beatmap skin assets are separate files.

hm... as far as I seem to understand.. you refer to a whole UI to mod the skins... correct?
if that's the case. then sure.
if not.

h3oCharles wrote:

support

↑ this.