forum

[resolved] When I alt tab/start up Osu! it takes a while to get back in

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SlickStrike
Problem Details: This problem basically revolves around Osu! somewhat lagging when I alt-tab or start it up. It will take it anywhere from 5-10 seconds to get anything moving after I alt-tab back into the game. So my cursor isn't moving but the music is still playing in the background. This has been happening recently and I am not sure as to why this is occurring; as it used to be instant when I tabbed back in. I'm considering reinstalling Osu! But if that doesn't work does anyone have an idea of what is happening? Thanks.

Solutions that haven't worked: Discord overlay has been disabled, all google tabs closed and steam closed too, reducing framerate lag in game/letterboxing.
Final Attempts: Restarting the computer, uninstalling and reinstalling Osu!, and updating drivers (even though this hasn't been the problem).

osu! version: 20180510.4 (latest)
Death
System Settings > System > Focus assist, disable everything.
Topic Starter
SlickStrike

Death wrote:

System Settings > System > Focus assist, disable everything.

I can't believe it was that simple-
Thank you so much Death!
How did you figure this was my problem btw? I'm somewhat curious as to why this was affecting Osu! and how it managed to do so so quickly??
Death
One of the changed features in the latest Windows 10 update that affects more than just osu! however it has been reported on the forums quite a few times already.

I certainly wasn't the first person to find that disabling this resolved some of these issues, but when weird stuff starts happening directly after a new Windows update, new/changed features are always a suspect.