forum

[Archived] OSU! fall fps in fullscreen after the update Windows 10

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kasume
Hey can someone help me? after installing the Windows 10, version 1803 update, when i launch osu it lag so mcuh and after few seconds when i go play a map my fps fall directly.
Akk0
I also just installed the new windows update, and have no chance of even getting in to osu
Dntm8kmeeatu
Try disabling Focus assist if enabled, a user said that improved on his issue.
Topic Starter
Kasume

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Resolved thanks, but still lagging in-game
Topic Starter
Kasume
Topic Starter
Kasume
i wanna help guys :(
RevE[4N]EddiH

Sharing this because it helped me solve that issue

That actually happened to me like days ago! I pretty much fixed it but had to wait really long...
I did stuff like:
  1. disabling focus assist(It did help a little bit but still lag in game)

1. uninstalled tablet driver & installed osu reddit drivers(it helped with another problem I had with input latency but not the lag)

1. Tried using osu! with anti-virus disabled(not recommended imo on doing but I really wanted the lag to stop)

1. Switching the settings in my graphics driver

1. opening "run" on windows searched for temp/%temp%/prefetch data and deleted all of it(not recommended either because something bad might happen, but nothing bad happens to mine whenever I do that. don't delete the folders, just the files in it)

None of that actually fixed all the lag so I just had to the one of the last resort of using rollback version of windows(previous version of windows before the new update, had to reinstall my graphics driver too)Do this if you know what to do and want to take a risk of ur files getting deleted(It didn't happen to me, but just in case), and backup windows. I mean there are sites that helps with that if you searched for it
It actually fixed the lag! when I'm playing in game, but had to do wait a long time after doing the last resort thing...

I hope if you do try doing this things, that you won't have to do the last one or something bad happening! x)

oh I almost forgot about another thing, after you do the last resort. Windows might try to reinstall the new update so I just hid the updates and If you wanna know how I did it then I could tell(I'll try to update mine when I find that nothing it wrong with the update after a while)
Topic Starter
Kasume

Alphyrie wrote:

Sharing this because it helped me solve that issue

That actually happened to me like days ago! I pretty much fixed it but had to wait really long...
I did stuff like:
  1. disabling focus assist(It did help a little bit but still lag in game)
  1. uninstalled tablet driver & installed osu reddit drivers(it helped with another problem I had with input latency but not the lag)
  1. Tried using osu! with anti-virus disabled(not recommended imo on doing but I really wanted the lag to stop)
  1. Switching the settings in my graphics driver
  1. opening "run" on windows searched for temp/%temp%/prefetch data and deleted all of it(not recommended either because something bad might happen, but nothing bad happens to mine whenever I do that. don't delete the folders, just the files in it)
None of that actually fixed all the lag so I just had to the one of the last resort of using rollback version of windows(previous version of windows before the new update, had to reinstall my graphics driver too)Do this if you know what to do and want to take a risk of ur files getting deleted(It didn't happen to me, but just in case), and backup windows. I mean there are sites that helps with that if you searched for it
It actually fixed the lag! when I'm playing in game, but had to do wait a long time after doing the last resort thing...

I hope if you do try doing this things, that you won't have to do the last one or something bad happening! x)

oh I almost forgot about another thing, after you do the last resort. Windows might try to reinstall the new update so I just hid the updates and If you wanna know how I did it then I could tell(I'll try to update mine when I find that nothing it wrong with the update after a while)
thanks really for the advices but all files of temp are deleted and i'm not really sure to go back with the other version because i did the update for my drivers and my other games,so nothing else?
fishamajig
I have noticed this same problem, but only when using a tablet and pen. With mouse, the lag is not present, but my Huion 420 tablet and pen lag like crazy. I think the windows update was messed with the tablet software somehow and caused the signal to lag when using pen. I don't know how to fix it yet, I tried uninstalling and redownloading the tablet drivers but no luck.
Xayler
How does the disabling focus assist work? Never heard of such a thing.

But seems like my ms has also dropped substantly after the new Windows update. I played with around 1,8ms to 2ms, but now I'm having 4,4ms to 8ms when I play suddenly.
Death
Focus assist is a new feature with the most recent Windows 10 update. You can disable it by going to: Windows settings > System > Focus assist.
Xayler
I already have it off though so that's not the case. I don't know honestly how to improve my fps/ms now, I will probably reset my windows then later tonight to see if it works.
Really disturbing to see 12000ms, etc like every minute now.
PandaMiku
it really doesnt work
Hoozer
I have same issue, but only when I hover pen. When I'm dragging or using mouse fps are normal.
Topic Starter
Kasume

Hoozer wrote:

I have same issue, but only when I hover pen. When I'm dragging or using mouse fps are normal.
i resolve it desactivate windows ink in tablet also in osu settings
-I am Misheru-
It wasn't enabled for me but still got the good freeze everytime I go into the frame, and was because in Focus assist, I got "When I am in a game" turned on.

It is just under the 3 first buttons, showing a pic if needed.

http://i.prntscr.com/04lh5tTtRNqbJ3nu-ovD1A.jpeg
Kiiera
I also have this issue, sometimes my ms goes up to 400+ at random times or the game's FPS goes to 0 making me fail basically every map i play, disabling focus assist didn't work
robomii

fishamajig wrote:

I have noticed this same problem, but only when using a tablet and pen. With mouse, the lag is not present, but my Huion 420 tablet and pen lag like crazy. I think the windows update was messed with the tablet software somehow and caused the signal to lag when using pen. I don't know how to fix it yet, I tried uninstalling and redownloading the tablet drivers but no luck.

I also have the Huion 420 tablet and I managed to fix the problem by going into my Huion driver, and un-checking 'enable windows ink'. You might also want to double check that it saved because I had to enable administrative privileges (on the home screen) or else it would keep re-enabling itself. I hope that makes sense and works for you :)