forum

[Archived] Performance issues with Nvidia 1050 on a Laptop

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Trollbonne
so i recently bought a new Acer aspire nitro 5 with an I5 8th Gen processor and a Nvidia 1050 in it and 8gig of ram.
I also use a wacom CTL-490 and a Magicforce numpad.

the issues i'm having is that when i run OSU normally the computer doesn't recognize that it is a game and only runs it on the integrated graphics. I get an MS around 1,8 to 2,8 which isn't too bad but the cursor starts to tear when i start too spin it and i get some random lag spikes when i play, and some times massive lags spikes when it tries to load the spinner. which in turn means that i most of the time fail the map.
I also get some input lag from the keypad when i play this way. for example when i get to a 3 stack node when playing with the normal membrane keyboard of the computer i clear it just fine, but with the keypad i sometimes get triple green or 2 green and a 50\fail. And lets not talk about streaming.
I can't run the game in V-sync mode here, I get massive amount of input lag on the tablet when i do.

So tried switching over to the graphics card in the Nvidia 3D settings and the input lags seems to disappear. But when i run OSU on the graphics card i get a much higher ms, idle it rest around 17ms and when i get into a map its about 2,4 but fluctuate a lot. but the screen tearing disappears from the cursor. instead when i play the numlock symbol keeps pops up every time I push the numpad. I tried turning of the Gforce overlay to see if that was the problem but it wasn't.

Some other issues that occur sometimes while i play regardless of what graphics card i use is the volume wheel pops up while playing a map and causing the map to start to lag. And sometimes it doesn't load the skin correctly so you cant see the darker color hit circle.

I'm currently running osu on 1080p native, unlimited frame rate enabled. reduced dropped frames on, detect performance issues on, full screen on,Letterbox on, all detail settings are off, map absolute raw off. I currently have OSU installed on the SSD on the computer.

I have been trying messing around with different settings but I am kinda running out of ideas. So any tips are welcome to solve this issues.

*update*

Tried re install OSU! and that help a a lot with some of my problem. like OSU! not reading the skin correctly and changing its color. but the problem with the graphics card are still there but now it shows a ms of 17 instead, both idle and when playing. still the numlock issue. When playing the game feels super slugish and laggy. Tried using Vsync but that made it even worse. but playing without it feels kinda good now. the cursor still gets choppy when you spin it but from what i can feel right now there is no lag loading the spinners. still a bit laggy when loading songs. but still an drastic improvement.

Also, having numlock not on, on the laptops keyboard seems to be the what caused the input lag on the mechanical numpad. the problem with the numlock symbol flashing while playing still persist when using the graphics card.

Still would like to get osu! too run with the graphics card.