forum

Carach Angren - Once upon a Time... / There's No Place Like

posted
Total Posts
show more
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry
Added couple relevant tags (basically 101 how to keep it from graving ¯\_(ツ)_/¯) Also while at it, moved it to pending too
Bastionior
Hi there!

Hideous Fairytale
  1. well, you did this pattern (00:01:055 (2,3,1) - ) during the beginning of the song but in the course of it you realize that the instrument being used (violin in the case) seems to be little emphasized, I say to notice that there are some parts that the intensity of it increases, and others decrease and continues with the same distance without a change, a clear example of where you made a significant change 00:09:237 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1) - in a way, this is subjective, it is only a way to highlight even more its present interpretation on the map in relation to music
  2. 01:42:259 - the sound present at that point is almost non-existent, I recommend switching the samplesound hitsound from sliderend (01:42:117 (5) - ) to soft / drum or simply mute it
  3. 02:16:974 (1,2,3,4) - i guess a 2 1/4 kick slider work better than a small stream e ocasionally to capture violin sound? the same here 02:18:688 (1,2,3,4) - probably if you do, will have an equivalent division and a better distribution of the patterns on that small part
  4. i lost, 02:26:116 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - here needs to be a combo of 1-3/1-6 right? like u did previously 02:19:259 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - or that 02:22:688 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - . 1-4 doesn't fit with your symmetrical/geometric patterns
  5. 02:28:117 (3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - well i know u following the instrumental background sound but imo in that part, this pattern(02:21:545 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - ) created to follow guittar its more relevant in that part too (02:28:116 - ), more than for the lower sound which u follow?
  6. 02:31:831 (1,2,3,4) - well, subjective again: i guess 2 1/4 kick slider work better to stronger vocal? (i telling ya because u follow vocal here 02:33:545 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - lol?)
  7. 03:04:901 (6,1) - Distance snap error?
  8. 04:13:542 (1) - Any special reason to place a 3/4 slider there and not a single note like the previous 04:11:256 (1,1) - ? i feel the same part/or didn't notice a strange diference on that part.
  9. 05:43:830 (2,3) - well the sound in that part is very low, it would hardly say if it would have something clickable at that point, would not you rather step up the duration of the first slider(05:43:330 -) to that point, or add some hitsound support in the white tick present to reinforce that beat that is hard to be noticed?
  10. 05:55:876 (1,2,3,4,5) - that pattern be fit here 05:55:259 -? for the casual logic > these 3 parts(05:55:259 - / 05:55:876 - /05:56:447 - ) , have the same rhythm (follow a 1/1 drum/normal beat)/ sound / intensity

well that's it, also if u want another mod in another map please, don't hesitate and link me up, I feel that I didn't give proper feedback due to having many here already, so it's kind of limited to quote something without repeating something that does not need improvement.

thanks =d/
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

Kalindraz wrote:

Hi there!

Hideous Fairytale
  1. well, you did this pattern (00:01:055 (2,3,1) - ) during the beginning of the song but in the course of it you realize that the instrument being used (violin in the case) seems to be little emphasized, I say to notice that there are some parts that the intensity of it increases, and others decrease and continues with the same distance without a change, a clear example of where you made a significant change 00:09:237 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1) - in a way, this is subjective, it is only a way to highlight even more its present interpretation on the map in relation to music It is emphasized very little for couple reasons. First and foremost, regardless if the violin has stronger part or not, the overall level of it is still very low and thus it's not really good idea to emphasize it a lot. Subtle things for subtle things. Secondly, the contrast between the gaps of quiet and the violin is pretty much more important than the slight (well, because slight) changes in violin, and thus it's prioritized to keep the violin mapping relatively to same to keep the contrast more along the same lines (since it doesn't really change even if the violin fluctuates little in intensity). With for example these 2 in mind I don't really see the need to emphasis it more than what is currently done
  2. 01:42:259 - the sound present at that point is almost non-existent, I recommend switching the samplesound hitsound from sliderend (01:42:117 (5) - ) to soft / drum or simply mute it Quiet, sure, but I think it's pretty clearly audible and fitting of what is currently used for them
  3. 02:16:974 (1,2,3,4) - i guess a 2 1/4 kick slider work better than a small stream e ocasionally to capture violin sound? the same here 02:18:688 (1,2,3,4) - probably if you do, will have an equivalent division and a better distribution of the patterns on that small part Current works better. While there might be some 1/2 with violin at some times (not always for sure) due how they sound especially in the surrounding chaos player will still identify them more as 1/1 sounds (according to the pitch changes which are a lot easier to hear than whatever rhythms the instrument is actually playing) and thus using streams like this to accentuate according to the pitches works better
  4. i lost, 02:26:116 (1,2,3,4,1,2) - here needs to be a combo of 1-3/1-6 right? like u did previously 02:19:259 (1,2,3,1,2,3) - or that 02:22:688 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - . 1-4 doesn't fit with your symmetrical/geometric patterns Behold that what you see my brethen, for you are a witness upon a rare case of me NCing according to vocals here. As you can see from how they're done: important vocals at 02:26:116 (1,1) - and similarly with 02:19:259 (1,1) - and then longer vocal phrase with the 6 object NC
  5. 02:28:117 (3,4,5,1,2,3,4,5,6,7) - well i know u following the instrumental background sound but imo in that part, this pattern(02:21:545 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - ) created to follow guittar its more relevant in that part too (02:28:116 - ), more than for the lower sound which u follow? Guitar isn't actually too important here for the most part and is mostly used just to perhaps emphasis however the map was made after following other stuff. Main here is the drums with heavy 1/1 (or the 1/2 1/4 parts combined), that's the most dominant sound here. Similarly to how 02:21:545 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2,1) - is for the drum 1/2, same is with 02:27:545 (2,3,1,2,3,4,5,1) - until some 1/4 kick in. As for 02:28:402 (1,2,3) - the usual 1/1 kicks back in again; why'd I use 1/2 if there is only 1/1 in the music here? Then followed by another burst of 1/4 from drums. Following guitar in this section would be kinda bad anyways (other than the pitch and emphasising other stuff with it rather than following) since the guitar can either be though of as 1/1 (would fit what is currently here) or 1/4 tremolo picking, which, well, obviously isn't good idea to map in section like this (with emphasis on stuff not 1/4 and supposed to be calmer break from mayhem)
  6. 02:31:831 (1,2,3,4) - well, subjective again: i guess 2 1/4 kick slider work better to stronger vocal? (i telling ya because u follow vocal here 02:33:545 (1,2,1,2,1,2,1,2) - lol?) Not gonna say it's an absolute rule, but large majority of the time drum fills get priority over everything since drum fills are always something fresh compared to the "normal" stuff of the section. So be it here too. What you linked as an example of vocal emphasizing is completely different section with constant barrage of everything else except the vocals (so it obviously makes sense to emphasis according to them)
  7. 03:04:901 (6,1) - Distance snap error? Intentional increase in spacing for the strong sound
  8. 04:13:542 (1) - Any special reason to place a 3/4 slider there and not a single note like the previous 04:11:256 (1,1) - ? i feel the same part/or didn't notice a strange diference on that part. You should though, the sound at this part is clearly different from the last ones and thus emphasized. Basically, it's clearly more prolonged sound than the previous ones so thus the object is more prolonged as well, aside with the high SV for what it sounds like
  9. 05:43:830 (2,3) - well the sound in that part is very low, it would hardly say if it would have something clickable at that point, would not you rather step up the duration of the first slider(05:43:330 -) to that point, or add some hitsound support in the white tick present to reinforce that beat that is hard to be noticed? Not like it's going to be confusing. I agree with you it's true the barrage is sort of lacking in additional emphasis on white ticks (from itself, other instruments deliver, for example guitar), but saying it's not clickable sounds quite amusing as the same sounds are clicked some few hundred times in the previous stream section (while I know that's not what you exactly meant with this here though ^^); aaanyways keeping the pulse up for the player is more beneficial than making it just one slider to perhaps better with the drums it is mostly going according to
  10. 05:55:876 (1,2,3,4,5) - that pattern be fit here 05:55:259 -? for the casual logic > these 3 parts(05:55:259 - / 05:55:876 - /05:56:447 - ) , have the same rhythm (follow a 1/1 drum/normal beat)/ sound / intensity If you'd ask me, I woulda wanted to make it a deathstream all the way until the end. Kicksliders are introduced because the retard drummer can't keep the bpm exact (as if this wouldn't be difficult enough as is lul) and thus I applied kicksliders so it's less confusing and more lenient for the player. Now thus the sudden different bpm is with kicksliders (that at the same time bring the long sought refuge from the deathstream lol) and then last circles along with the comeback of the previous "normal" bpm, which then leads to full on sliders in preparation of the actual slowdown, the patterns (05:57:018 (1,2,1,2,1,2) -) which at the same time nicely emphasis heaviest on 1/1 just like the intense orchestation background here. Sooo TLDR: it's all as I intended it if that's what you questioned (

well that's it, also if u want another mod in another map please, don't hesitate and link me up, I feel that I didn't give proper feedback due to having many here already, so it's kind of limited to quote something without repeating something that does not need improvement. Didn't accept anything so no kudosu, sorry. You aren't required to mod more even if you feel this was lacking, but if you want to do it not like I'm stopping you lol

thanks =d/
Thanks for the mod!
Rin Desu
Hey!

00:27:782 (1,1,1) this is minor but in my opinion looks a lot cleaner;
Why you dont stack these on the sliderends? Now these have a random overlap all the time. So either you stack them or have visually the same
overlap instead of many different ones.

00:39:237 (1,1) - for me this sounds like a hold tone so you should fusion it to one slider cause there is no real sound the second slider starts on.
same here 00:56:691

(1,1) - 01:47:545 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - would be cool if you increase the spacing a bit from jump to jump

01:48:402 (1) - this should be a slider like 01:50:117 (1) - and 01:50:117 (1) - should be two circle to reflect the strings right.

02:19:259 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - this feels not dense enough for the intensity of the music. you should fill some gaps with 1/2 sliders and represent the vocals here too : 02:22:688 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - i cant play these diff level but yeah even for me it doesnt feel right that these parts are kinda undermapped

03:03:687 (7,1) - thats a exorbitant huge jump, for example 03:03:115 (6,1) - this is much stronger and has the same spacing while being a 1/2 jump this above is a 1/4 on a not important sound imo
03:04:401 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - this too dunno why u have so high jumps within that drumfill?

03:27:256 (1,2,3,4,5) - this is misstimed snare hits way before the notes
here too: 03:26:256 (2,3,4,5) - idk what this is caused by but it doesnt sound right snapped to me maybe you need to add another offset before this

04:53:545 (1,2,3,1,2,3) -
05:07:545 (2,3,1,2,3,4) - these parts feel a bit underdone. That huge drumhits have like zero spacing

ye thats all i could catch (not very experienced in modding 7* metal) but all in all i like this stuff!
sadly cant testplay it and evaluate streamspacing but did my best mod it.

have a nice day!
\m/
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

Rin Desu wrote:

Hey!

00:27:782 (1,1,1) this is minor but in my opinion looks a lot cleaner;
Why you dont stack these on the sliderends? Now these have a random overlap all the time. So either you stack them or have visually the same
overlap instead of many different ones. For some reason from some point on it became possible to perfectly stack these ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ well it's fine to not have them that way though; as for the spacing, it's the same on all of them (same DS with same SV before I tuned them lul) and actually having the "less clean" overlapping ones instead of perfect stacks fits the dark unnerving atmosphere better anyways.

00:39:237 (1,1) - for me this sounds like a hold tone so you should fusion it to one slider cause there is no real sound the second slider starts on.
same here 00:56:691 Nah works fine as is; those parts are what'd with actual instruments be bow turning points which means "new" sound and since there's also actual noticeable impact there it works this way anyways

(1,1) - 01:47:545 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - would be cool if you increase the spacing a bit from jump to jump It actually sort of does, every pair has bigger spacing to the previous one (the pairs have about the same spacing though) so changed that too to slight increase

01:48:402 (1) - this should be a slider like 01:50:117 (1) - and 01:50:117 (1) - should be two circle to reflect the strings right. Better the current way. Using the slider as a negatively intensifying emphasis for the peak point works (basically making it different/stand out), since while it loses some of the intensity clicking would have, it'll allow for stronger build-up with full circles to both ways of it (the sections needs sliderbreak somewhere for all the singletaps, so in the middle is about the best for that)

02:19:259 (1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2) - this feels not dense enough for the intensity of the music. you should fill some gaps with 1/2 sliders and represent the vocals here too : 02:22:688 (1,2,3,4,5,6) - i cant play these diff level but yeah even for me it doesnt feel right that these parts are kinda undermapped They ain't undermapped, they are mapped just right. Guitar aside (that shred is likely 1/4) there's nothing of higher density than 1/1 so anything over that is overmapped instead lol. Also intensity isn't straight comparable to difficulty, this section, while fairly sparse and easy to play, is still pretty intense, the hits are heavy af and full of emphasis. It's intense in the same way the song is. Adding density will just make it less fit for the song.

03:03:687 (7,1) - thats a exorbitant huge jump, for example 03:03:115 (6,1) - this is much stronger and has the same spacing while being a 1/2 jump this above is a 1/4 on a not important sound imo Wouldn't say it's not an important sound. While the 1/2 surely has snare which the other doesn't other than that there ain't really much difference, 03:03:829 (1) - is fairly emphasised sound too; and as both share relatively similar spacing as is commonly used more anyways in this section it's not like it's unfit here, so as it fit's well to the patterning and has good flow not like I'd want to change it when it doesn't really have a problem with it
03:04:401 (1,2,3,4,5,6,1) - this too dunno why u have so high jumps within that drumfill? Because it's pretty damn strong?

03:27:256 (1,2,3,4,5) - this is misstimed snare hits way before the notes Agree, but it's better to avoid using too fucked up timing; as far as I know this isn't off enough to bother playing too much and it gets about back on track in about couple beats so it's not worth doing offset jump for, I've only done those for the ones off more or for longer time.
here too: 03:26:256 (2,3,4,5) - idk what this is caused by but it doesnt sound right snapped to me maybe you need to add another offset before this Not necessary, the snapping sounds pretty accurate to me regardless of what speed I use (surely it's uncommon rhythm in this song but that doesn't mean it's off)

04:53:545 (1,2,3,1,2,3) -
05:07:545 (2,3,1,2,3,4) - these parts feel a bit underdone. That huge drumhits have like zero spacing They are indeed fairly strong drum hits (that's mostly due there not being much other music there though); but they have enough like this. These are supposed to be breaks from the deathstreams, contrasting in intensity, and having massive jumps doesn't feel fit here. Well, imo lower spacing fits here better anyways for how the pattern is constructred, hits huge or not.

ye thats all i could catch (not very experienced in modding 7* metal) but all in all i like this stuff!
sadly cant testplay it and evaluate streamspacing but did my best mod it.

have a nice day! you too ^^
\m/
Thanks for the mod!
Strategas
from my q

04:11:256 (1,2) - 04:12:114 (10,1,2) - 04:36:116 (5,1) - 05:03:544 (5,1) - any reason you stop doing your 1/1 stacking style?
05:58:445 (2) - feels anticlamatic as repeats, the song is like exploding here

yea
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

Strategas wrote:

and pm which I'll mod
rip PM ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Strategas wrote:

from my q

04:11:256 (1,2) - 04:12:114 (10,1,2) - 04:36:116 (5,1) - 05:03:544 (5,1) - any reason you stop doing your 1/1 stacking style? I presume you're referencing to the 1/1 like 03:01:545 (1,2) - which is also used one some streams like for example just before your linked place 04:04:399 (1,2,1) - and 04:08:970 (1,2,1) - ; it's actually sorta related to those, as it's to furthen the effect of the same thing with the same idea getting further in the music. At the same time, the companying music also has some slight differences, for example the deep guitars like with the slightly spaced ones (think of what'd be slow SV) are absent in here as pretty much everything except the continuous snare hits stop, and the snares pretty much feel like "hammering the same place"; and as the completely stacked 1/1 isn't really unprecedented in the map either (for example other place emphasised with complete "stop" earlier on with 03:31:542 (1,2) - ). So as it fits the song better here, giving stronger emphasis compared to the one with slight movement, I'd like to keep it where I've decided to use it
05:58:445 (2) - feels anticlamatic as repeats, the song is like exploding here Agree and I've been commenting on how the switch in timing would make streams unnecessarily tough to catch on. However looking at this the bpm is back at the "normal" 210 and have been already for couple beats for these last kicksliders here so I could indeed just change it for something else. Doing that EDIT: replaced the kicksliders with kickslidered triples to have the constant 1/4 but also have more emphasis on the strong string 1/1 than straightforward stream would have

yea
Thanks for the mod!
Strategas
soft-sliderslide2.wav unused, looks like the only places you put the sc2 is at slider ends
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

Strategas wrote:

soft-sliderslide2.wav unused, looks like the only places you put the sc2 is at slider ends
It's actually not unused. You can test this by using some clearly audible sliderslide on the sliderend-silencing hitsound set, then muted one on the normal, and the sliderslide sound will pop up briefly on every sliderend. To remove this I use muted sliderslide on the set2 too even if it's only used on sliderends. Apparently modding assistant still says it's unused even as it clearly has an effect lol

EDIT: well have to mention though that in here it probably won't matter either way as it'll likely be inaudible anyways with 10% volume, but tune to 100% and you'll see what I mean. Point was anyways that it's not unused ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry
While at it, updated the metadata with what could be found on their official website on this album
Strategas
yea it actually sounds rly weird, never seen it like that before
jeanbernard8865
00:08:691 (4) - make the end lower volume cus theres no beat

call me back !
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

AyanokoRin wrote:

00:08:691 (4) - make the end lower volume cus theres no beat It's the lowest osu! will allow me to do without some more drastic measures; not like it's really necessary anyways, both sounds are pretty damn quiet in the music, same with the object, and even if I could apply some difference it wouldn't really be noticeable. I could mute it but that wouldn't do it justice as there is still a sound. I think it's better as is

call me back !
Thanks for the re-check!
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry
To avoid some unwanted action here too, copying what I posted on my other map

TheKingHenry wrote:

So shortie on why the 99 2 here slide ain't unused and how you see it:

1. use muted sliderslide hitsound on one set, use clearly audible one on other one that other than the slide is muted so you hear it better
2. put clearly audible volume on the sliderend set
3. badam, the slide hitsound pops up every single sliderend

So to remove this from the muted sliderends (as they're supposed to be mute heh) I need to use the slide on that set too. For some reason some modding assisting programs will apparently tell it's unused regardless of this.

This to everyone that'll eagerly come to pop and dq this later on for this ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
jeanbernard8865
nyab
Aurele
nyab
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry
nyab

Changed sliderhead hitsoundset at 00:55:055 (1) - from drum to auto as it should be
Aurele
She's back!
Uta
gratzz
Exclusives
congrats man
Izzywing
02:14:187 - it looks like you accidently turned kiai off here, cause 02:14:116 - still has kiai but the green right after randomly turns it off. I think you meant to turn it off at the bookmark instead? Either it's turned off too early or there's 1/4 of a beat that has kiai on incorrectly. (if it's the latter I guess its not worth a dq)
EDIT - it also seems to happen here 04:50:188 -

Less of an issue but I think this 03:14:114 - is supposed to be 70%? the other loud orchestral hits here have 70% audio so this one having 50 seems odd.
03:15:257 - these two at least should have 70 like 03:06:111 (1,2) - do right?

edit -

if this gets dq'd consider these -

01:12:510 (1,2) - I think since 01:13:055 - isn't really a sound worth a click, extending 01:12:510 (1) - would probably fit better
03:04:687 (4,5) - are actually 3 distinct drum beats, so mapping 03:04:544 - with a 1/4 slider and 03:04:687 (4,5) - with two circles and a 1/4 slider on 03:04:829 - would be more appropriate imo.
05:53:759 (4) - the other streams have had a .1ish ds increase on all these bwams and this one didnt which is kinda lame :\
05:55:259 (1) - at the most intense spot the map devolves into kicksliders, which feels really underwhelming. you could end the previous section with repeat sliders if giving the player a rest is an issue and then put the climax here instead of reducing the intensity by so much
Wishkey
Yow, can you double check 05:57:445 (6) - 05:58:302 (3) - for unsnapped ends bc aimod is being at bit picky on my end
Mir
Since this gets ranked very soon I'll dq so the mapper can respond.

The unsnaps are like.. 2ms or something in aimod but since it's down now it's worth fixing.
jeanbernard8865
could be an opportunity to properly time the vocals at 03:57:613 (1,1,1,1) -
Strategas
can you not check maps on last day lol
Izzywing
Sorry TKH it’s not my intention to delay this map or anything, and it sucks that this has to be dqd on day 7. Just want to apologize for that. The way QAH checks are kinda backlogged so we end up having to check maps on the last few days of their qualified status which sucks for modding v1 maps :<
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry
Tfw I even specifically told ya guys to check this earlier if possible since I knew I'd be out for the weekend ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Anyways I'll be going through these
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

Hobbes2 wrote:

02:14:187 - it looks like you accidently turned kiai off here, cause 02:14:116 - still has kiai but the green right after randomly turns it off. I think you meant to turn it off at the bookmark instead? Either it's turned off too early or there's 1/4 of a beat that has kiai on incorrectly. (if it's the latter I guess its not worth a dq)
EDIT - it also seems to happen here 04:50:188 - Intentional, I keep the kiai over the downbeat since the downbeat is still strong even if the section changes for the other (I actually do this quite a lot in my maps). It just feels more right to me to have the effect of the kiai carry over to there instead of stopping it before ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Less of an issue but I think this 03:14:114 - is supposed to be 70%? the other loud orchestral hits here have 70% audio so this one having 50 seems odd.
03:15:257 - these two at least should have 70 like 03:06:111 (1,2) - do right? Surely so. Don't really like 70% for all of it, sounds little obnoxious, but those 2 could really use it so added one for them
edit -

if this gets dq'd consider these -

01:12:510 (1,2) - I think since 01:13:055 - isn't really a sound worth a click, extending 01:12:510 (1) - would probably fit better Nah I like this way better; the vocals kick in there already, and having the quiet vocal with this low spacing to the slider and then the other vocal with the spacing creates the contrast better than if I'd "ignore" the first vocal clicking-wise. Same with others like these which this section practically only is ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
03:04:687 (4,5) - are actually 3 distinct drum beats, so mapping 03:04:544 - with a 1/4 slider and 03:04:687 (4,5) - with two circles and a 1/4 slider on 03:04:829 - would be more appropriate imo. Somewhat true, I was going to initially do it that way, but the problem with this is that the latter group of 3 from the drums isn't on time to be triple on the white tick, but late so that it's more like from the blue tick to the blue (which with the sound on the white makes it not triple anymore at all). Thus I prefered to follow the guitar with the kicksliders instead, which sounds more clear and precise (on the white tick with the stronger sounds). Also not so strictly related to that but I prefer this way also because the stopping effect of 03:04:972 (1,2) - is stronger with circles before the downbeat than kickslider (like, stream vs. jump into sort of basically)
05:53:759 (4) - the other streams have had a .1ish ds increase on all these bwams and this one didnt which is kinda lame :\ Um it's supposed to have? Making it from sliders might've fucked up the spacing of it at parts, the latter part of this is already of larger spacing. I don't think it's necessary to fiddle with this for that anymore, just gonna fuck it up at this point >.<
05:55:259 (1) - at the most intense spot the map devolves into kicksliders, which feels really underwhelming. you could end the previous section with repeat sliders if giving the player a rest is an issue and then put the climax here instead of reducing the intensity by so much Actually discussed this a lot already (the ending itself got buffed already as it can work that way), the problem is that the bpm changes here, and keeping with streams will fuck up the player here majorly, thus the bpm change is made with kicksliders so it's playable. When it gets back to 210 I use circles too again (with couple kicksliders on 05:56:161 (5,5) - ; and then the last one like this so it has more emphasis on the strong 1/1 orchestrations than straightforward stream

Wishkey wrote:

Yow, can you double check 05:57:445 (6) - 05:58:302 (3) - for unsnapped ends bc aimod is being at bit picky on my end For some reason my aimod didn't mention these but re-snapped the objects in question

AyanokoRin wrote:

could be an opportunity to properly time the vocals at 03:57:613 (1,1,1,1) - lmao k sure (with this timed the last one is pretty damn short, though auto still gets atleast 1000 on it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ )
That should be 'bout all?
Izzywing
seems good

Didn’t see your request to check it early, sorry. We’re working on getting the backlog down so we don’t have to do these checks on day 7 but the manpower is low :(

Sorry again and good luck!
Strategas
FICK

nvm the above post is not a bubble anymore
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry
Lol did'ya guys accidentally double bub this initially

Hobbes2 wrote:

Sorry again
Don't worry bud you guys are just doing what you're supposed to do, sometimes it goes like this. You don't really need to apologize to me for that even if it didn't go as well as it coulda have here ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
sytho
whoever sang this came from hell

04:49:259 why cant this slider flow like the other ones before it u did it for 05:38:973

00:37:600 why this slider

00:38:623 the next slider should be on this tick because that is where the pitch changes
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

Matthew Rigaud wrote:

whoever sang this came from hell or is goin there :^)

04:49:259 why cant this slider flow like the other ones before it u did it for 05:38:973 Not sure what you mean, but it pretty much does? The direction of the kickslider doesn't really matter much here as it's likely played by stopping on it. So other than that the important things like the spacing from the previous kickslider or the spacing to the following stream are fairly similar. No need to change anything

00:37:600 why this slider Why not lol? I think it fits there fairly well (I use these for the others of the same kind too). Not like this'd really need specific reason if it fits nevertheless, but it's mainly because what'd fit the turning point of the melody better than slider with turn like this

00:38:623 the next slider should be on this tick because that is where the pitch changes Truly enough you can hear the change beginning there with slowed down speeds, but the actual new sound begins at the white tick. Basically think of how smooth sounds like these orchestration strings are better off timed according to the "peak" points or whatever emphasis points the listener perceives on normal speeds since that'll feel more natural (listener will think the sound "starts" at when it actually kicks in, not necessarily when it sound'd actually start. This means like no difference with sounds like snare hit or that kinda stuff, but if you'd time stuff like violin concerto, you'd need to take this kind of things into consideration). Well, not like this is really that relevant or important here since either way this sounds more like beginning on white tick, what you pointed out is more like the ending of the last one (which obviously makes it the sliderend of it)
No changes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
jeanbernard8865
alright, let's give it another shot
-Mo-

Matthew Rigaud wrote:

00:06:510 (2,3) this part of the song is too quiet for the green line volume

00:10:873 more green lines should be added to represent the increase of volume in this section

00:13:532 there is no actual song on this tick yet it is still mapped
From reports thread.

These don't look like problems to me though, but might as well shout it out to you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Topic Starter
TheKingHenry

-Mo- wrote:

Matthew Rigaud wrote:

00:06:510 (2,3) this part of the song is too quiet for the green line volume Like it or not but it's as low as you can go with the volume change, and not like downing it to practically no feedback just because the music is very quiet is a good idea. These objects are supposed to keep the rhythm in the music going on even as it fades into oblivion (since it's still there if you increase the volume of the music)

00:10:873 more green lines should be added to represent the increase of volume in this section Not necessary. If song goes from very quiet to quiet, it doesn't mean hitsounds should go from quiet to not so quiet. And changing only very little will make like no difference here. The hitsounds are audible throughout, and that's mostly enough, the rest is left to the actual music here

00:13:532 there is no actual song on this tick yet it is still mapped There is though, that agrement is pretty clear and audible? From blue tick 00:13:464 - to the white tick at 00:13:600 - on 1/8 snapping
From reports thread.

These don't look like problems to me though, but might as well shout it out to you. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ indeed
lol