4. !mp start
5. Choke somewhere in the map, intentionally
6. ???
7. Profit

No pp, no score, no playcount for you, 100% unranked mode

just use v2 mod lol
Pros of solo multi:

#1 - You can normally save failed replay
#2 - You don't get pp what you don't deserve (eg. NF play...)
#3 - You don't get additional pp for failed ranked map
#4 - You force yourself to play from start to end
#5 - Be like DigitalHypno, take out dick from pants and piss over trashy pp farmers later on, then enjoy tears of "but he is 4-digit and play like 2-digit"

Some people don't like v2 or NF so there is alternative for people who doesn't want to gain pp, want to play "vanilla" and be fair in term of pp what they gain.

Side note - I still enjoy tears of bad players who expect easy competition in 4/3-digit tournament, then complain when being trashed by good player. 8-)
worst fl player
Bofa
Tamako Lumisade
You can play for improving on ranked maps too. There are tons of challenging maps and they don't give too much pp or any at all.
Wishes
You can just play offline you know? Don't need to only play unranked maps.
Deva
Just play longer maps. I mean with your top plays you won't be FCing those for a while. No FC no pp.
ManuelOsuPlayer

Wishes wrote:

You can just play offline you know? Don't need to only play unranked maps.
Akanagi

[Taiga] wrote:

Be like DigitalHypno, take out dick from pants and piss over trashy pp farmers later on, then enjoy tears of "but he is 4-digit and play like 2-digit"
Yeah, intentionally underranking by not submitting plays you know would net pp or just using v2 so you can keep on doing what is basically smurfing makes you really pro.

DigitalHypno is the last guy you want to look up to, especially in terms of

[Taiga] wrote:

being fair in term of pp what they gain.
He's a good player, but still scummy. Nothing fair about what he does tbh.
I don't get your toxicity towards pp farmers. Also most players in tournaments aren't farmers, and even if they were, what about it?
kai99

KupcaH wrote:

kai, send help
give me more maps pls CUPCAKE HELP
-Makishima S-

Rayne wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

Be like DigitalHypno, take out dick from pants and piss over trashy pp farmers later on, then enjoy tears of "but he is 4-digit and play like 2-digit"
Yeah, intentionally underranking by not submitting plays you know would net pp or just using v2 so you can keep on doing what is basically smurfing makes you really pro.

[Taiga] wrote:

I don't get your toxicity towards pp farmers. Also most players in tournaments aren't farmers, and even if they were, what about it?
Depends on POV.

Speaking like "intentional not submiting plays" etc is like making someone bad because he doesn't gain pp. Well, he doesn't give a fuck about pp and stays on the rank where he can consistently work on tournament consistency, nerves, etc. Frankly, there is more tournaments around 4-digit than around 2-digit. I don't blame him at all. Doesn't matter if he is 4-digit or 2-digit, maps does not magically change. Nobody told you to not prepare for tournament properly. What would be my reaction of meeting him in tournament? Get my ass into training and give him rough time or even win.

So by your logic, that I stay 5-digit on purpose by not submitting plays, playing multi also makes me scummy? I am not interested in pp at all, this shit is too toxic, people only look at "rank" and "pp" so I admire DH proving that ranking doesn't mean skill at all. Proving that whole idea of pp based ranking is just bullshit.

Hate towards farmers? They are first to complain when they lose in tourneys. Fucking garbage player cannot handle anything what have more than 1 min, is bad at everything what is not shitarks 1-2, then complain "(tears...) but he plays like 2-digit (tears...) fucking smurfing, he should farm pp (blablabla...)". Also farmers are guilty of destroying fairly good looking ranking by giving attention to zero quality, garbage maps produced by for example shitarks, a r m i n or tayenyang. There would be way less of this garbo maps if they didn't gave them attention and bash on mappers for making such bullshit.

Yes, I am looking at DigitalHypno, Yes, I am looking to meet him one day in some tournament, and Yes, I will not give him a free easy win. But first gotta FC at least something like Last Journey Home or Through Fire and Flame and not submit a score for the lulz. 8-)
- e - v - b-

[Taiga] wrote:

Rayne wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

[Taiga] wrote:

Depends on POV.

Speaking like "intentional not submiting plays" etc is like making someone bad because he doesn't gain pp. Well, he doesn't give a fuck about pp and stays on the rank where he can consistently work on tournament consistency, nerves, etc. Frankly, there is more tournaments around 4-digit than around 2-digit. I don't blame him at all. Doesn't matter if he is 4-digit or 2-digit, maps does not magically change. Nobody told you to not prepare for tournament properly. What would be my reaction of meeting him in tournament? Get my ass into training and give him rough time or even win.

So by your logic, that I stay 5-digit on purpose by not submitting plays, playing multi also makes me scummy? I am not interested in pp at all, this shit is too toxic, people only look at "rank" and "pp" so I admire DH proving that ranking doesn't mean skill at all. Proving that whole idea of pp based ranking is just bullshit.

Hate towards farmers? They are first to complain when they lose in tourneys. Fucking garbage player cannot handle anything what have more than 1 min, is bad at everything what is not shitarks 1-2, then complain "(tears...) but he plays like 2-digit (tears...) fucking smurfing, he should farm pp (blablabla...)". Also farmers are guilty of destroying fairly good looking ranking by giving attention to zero quality, garbage maps produced by for example shitarks, a r m i n or tayenyang. There would be way less of this garbo maps if they didn't gave them attention and bash on mappers for making such bullshit.

Yes, I am looking at DigitalHypno, Yes, I am looking to meet him one day in some tournament, and Yes, I will not give him a free easy win. But first gotta FC at least something like Last Journey Home or Through Fire and Flame and not submit a score for the lulz. 8-)

The issue that people have with him is that he is someone who could easily get top 100 if he really wanted to and is playing in tournaments meant for people magnitudes worse than him in skill

There is no one arguing that pp=skill (except for the idiots), your whole “put up a fight” is also fucking pointless because the people he goes up against have no chance to begin with
Akanagi

[Taiga] wrote:

Difference between a tournament and an average multi is that the other one rewards a price and is also about competing against other people of similar skill.
DigitalHypno is far above these players and let's not kid ourselves, intentionally keeps his rank low enough to still fall into the ranking criteria for 4 digit tournaments so he can have easy wins and stroke his ego.

And no, you won't beat him by practicing the map pools. That's like saying I can beat Cookiezi on any map if I just try hard enough.
This guy is 100% aware of what he's doing. Again, let's take the league comparison. Say I start a tournament and declare low to high silver the skillrange. Then some guy comes along whos actually just a Masters smurf and stomps everything. The silver players fault for not playing at above masters level, right?

Noone is saying he should FARM pp, people are giving him shit because he never submits anything that would give him ranks or just activates V2 when he knows it would. That's actively avoiding pp gain for the sake of staying low in ranks, because obviously he wouldn't be able to get free wins on tourneys otherwise and would have to actually compete with players on his level or better (Toy etc).

Not caring about pp realistically means = I don't care whether I get pp or not, I just play whatever.
This guy however: Oh shit this play would give me pp, let's quickly quit the song right b4 the end, play it on a private server or V2 so I can stay 4 digit hahaa.

And people are absolutely right to complain about smurfs or underrankers. The rest of your essay is just assumptions and just general hate towards people who play for pp.
You can hate them, I don't mind, but don't act like DigitalHypno is a hero or "doesn't care about pp".

Here's what it is: The guy knows he's not good enough to get attention with his plays, or win the race for #1 and knows ppl wouldn't pay any attention to him, so he just plays 4 digit tournaments to be a big fish in a small pond. That's all there is to him. There's a reason the majority of people hate this guy and it's not them being farmers and they're jealous or some shit. The guy is just miserable.

Again, you're essentially hyping people who feel pro bcz they're like low-diamond players and are owning a silver-bronze lobby in league and your argument is:"They should just get better"
Yeah, by the time they got better, they're not 4 digit anymore (unlike certain downrankers) and DH is just farming other, new 4 digit players for e-peen.
Kaeldori
Stop saying stupid things about digitalhypno when you are not even a regular tournament players.
ABD007
Chill down player, you are helping him or not ? Just give him some map or tips ~

If me, I'll always enable +NF to improve myself with any map ^^
-Makishima S-

Rayne wrote:

Difference between a tournament and an average multi is that the other one rewards a price and is also about competing against other people of similar skill.
DigitalHypno is far above these players and let's not kid ourselves, intentionally keeps his rank low enough to still fall into the ranking criteria for 4 digit tournaments so he can have easy wins and stroke his ego.
I do not have time to make full research but I assume there is way more tournaments at 4-digit range than 2-digit. How about argument that he play this game for tournaments and need solid amount of them to keep rolling? I just skimmed on his profile and honestly, there is one thing what I could say (and this might be an argument later on) - He does participate in high tier tournaments for 1-2-3-digits actively too.

Rayne wrote:

And no, you won't beat him by practicing the map pools. That's like saying I can beat Cookiezi on any map if I just try hard enough.
This guy is 100% aware of what he's doing. Again, let's take the league comparison. Say I start a tournament and declare low to high silver the skillrange. Then some guy comes along whos actually just a Masters smurf and stomps everything. The silver players fault for not playing at above masters level, right?
Please refrain from comparing osu! to league. Both games have completely different gameplay, skill types, skill progression, skill ceiling. This situations cannot be compared properly. As far as in league being a "smurf" is same as being a dickhead and I fully agree with this (had Diamond in S4, quit in S5, never had smurfs since I was always against that). Main difference between low rank league player and high rank was in my times, mainly reaction time and speed of making correct decisions. Dunno how it looks now, heard riot made this an even bigger shithole than it was in S5 where I quit.

osu! is about your own skill. On same map, if 4-digit manage to pull SS, it will be equal to SS made by 1-digit (only spinner may differ score). I agree that it is extremely hard to keep nerves calm while pressured by knowledge that on other side there is experienced and skilled player who will not make mistake. Yet - that is an experience. Massive impact here have your own experience at tournaments and ability to keep nerves calm, also consistency.

Rayne wrote:

Noone is saying he should FARM pp, people are giving him shit because he never submits anything that would give him ranks or just activates V2 when he knows it would. That's actively avoiding pp gain for the sake of staying low in ranks, because obviously he wouldn't be able to get free wins on tourneys otherwise and would have to actually compete with players on his level or better (Toy etc).
He was, and he done a great job in OWC, in OHC, etc. He is not avoiding high tier tournaments, he participate in them also. I would fully agree with this hate if he just played 4-digit tourneys and avoided top tier once because "boohoo no free win, need to actually prepare". No, he is active in them too. Being an 4-digit on purpose only opens for him wider range of tournaments where he can still polish his skills, which are crucial for competition. By this, maybe in the future, he might be a solid and "dangerous" tournament player with extreme consistency and no nerves, comparable with WWW for example.

Rayne wrote:

Not caring about pp realistically means = I don't care whether I get pp or not, I just play whatever.
This guy however: Oh shit this play would give me pp, let's quickly quit the song right b4 the end, play it on a private server or V2 so I can stay 4 digit hahaa.

And people are absolutely right to complain about smurfs or underrankers. The rest of your essay is just assumptions and just general hate towards people who play for pp.
You can hate them, I don't mind, but don't act like DigitalHypno is a hero or "doesn't care about pp".
This is exactly what I call point of view dependent of where you are sitting. I do not care about pp in term of I don't want to gain them (but it happen anyway, sometimes I forget that certain map doesn't have ending spinner). I have my own silly reasons for that, very silly and for 99% of people stupid.

DH is not a hero for me, I do not know him in any way, even in chat (despite tried to contact him but he just ignored me whatsoever). I just consider several points of that situation and try to discuss all of them. Take my word that I will change my opinio if all my point will get proved wrong.

Also - I don't hate farmers for "farming". I hate them for giving attention to maps which breaks ranking, breaks the system and allow dickhead shits like sotarks gain popularity to the point where even GMT jump around him sucking his dick and doing what he want (past cases of people being silenced / restricted for even giving out mods which holded his map out of ranking - I was silenced too on his Reol - Monster since my mod was about to DQ his map, I got silence for innapropiate behavior (???), my mod magically disappeared (?!?)).

Rayne wrote:

Yeah, by the time they got better, they're not 4 digit anymore (unlike certain downrankers) and DH is just farming other, new 4 digit players for e-peen.
And as I said, if I decide to typically gain ranks and jump to 4-digit (hell, till the end of the year I need to be #5k since well.... no bamboozeld deal), DH is welcome to try and "farm me". He can be sure I will not give him an easy win. And even if he trash me 5-0, I will not complain. I played against way more skilled player, eot. Point of view - I do not look at rank but at skill. Yesterday I got friendly plays with CookEasy, he won all but I gave my best to keep up with him on difficult tech maps, you know what? I respect CookEasy even more for giving me challenge because when I noticed him in multi room, when everyone else quit, we were playing. I felt the challenge and despite having ZERO chance to win, I did my best and I was happy about that.

People can complain, I am as always - in great minority with completely different point of view. I also respect others pov and opinion.
DeletedUser_6869432
Imagine living in a time where PP farmers blame people for not sinking to their level instead of actually gitting gud.

Also +rep Taiga
- e - v - b-

kacper124 wrote:

Imagine living in a time where PP farmers blame people for not sinking to their level instead of actually gitting gud.

Also +rep Taiga

Imagine living in a world where this is the takeaway from the argument.

People don't give a shit about if he farms pp or not, people care that he is a 2-digit skilled player participating in tournaments designed for players several times worse than him.
-Makishima S-

- e - v - b- wrote:

kacper124 wrote:

Also +rep Taiga

People don't give a shit about if he farms pp or not, people care that he is a 2-digit skilled player participating in tournaments designed for players several times worse than him.
This is the reason why I partially defend him in this case. People only complain about "he is 2-digit skilled player in 4-digit tournament" but anyone actually, besides me, tried to tear down list of reasons and discuss them, find a common denominator and maybe it could explain his behavior?

Nobody spoke a word (against, besides me) that he is very active in top tier tournaments and standing against more skilled players than he is without fear of lose.
- e - v - b-

[Taiga] wrote:

- e - v - b- wrote:

kacper124 wrote:

Also +rep Taiga

This is the reason why I partially defend him in this case. People only complain about "he is 2-digit skilled player in 4-digit tournament" but anyone actually, besides me, tried to tear down list of reasons and discuss them, find a common denominator and maybe it could explain his behavior?

Nobody spoke a word (against, besides me) that he is very active in top tier tournaments and standing against more skilled players than he is without fear of lose.

The fact that he is able to consistently be one of the best performing players in those tournaments show that he is more than skilled enough to play against them and shouldn't be playing against 4 digits.

The thing is, he is one of the those more skilled players who should be feared. DigitalHypno is one of the best tournament players in the world