forum

Some convenient feature ideas for the osu! editor

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
0mie
Just random ideas that crossed my mind while using the editor.

1. Isolate objects in playfield and timeline, to make remapping and rhythm planning easier
As the title implies, when an object is deleted on the playfield, it still remains in the timeline but maybe make it faded out, unless the user deletes it in both playfield and the timeline (maybe make 2 separate key bindings for these object deletion options, like Del for deleting from field, and Shift+Del for deleting an object entirely)
The point of this is: Sometimes one may want to remap a section, but wants to keep the same rhythm, or maybe one wants to plot the rhythm of the map on the timeline before actually starting placing the objects on the playfield. and for that, keeping the objects in place on the timeline -but faded out to prevent confusion- would be really convenient and time saving.

Example:

(the faded notes are still on the time line but not on the field)

Right-click context menus
something like:

Like, why this doesn't exist?
(I know keyboard shortcuts exist for most of what could be added in there, but i think a menu like that would be a really helpful tool especially for new mappers)

3. Ability to add notes to bookmarks
Sometimes I wish I could add a note including my mapping thoughts on one bookmark, so it could remind me about it when I am back to that part. Maybe it could be like a bubble sorta thing that appears when you hover over the bookmark in the timeline.
Endaris
Right click deletes notes and that's pretty convenient.
Every point in your context menu is a clickable button already in place so there is really no purpose for that. Click the note and click the corresponding button, no need for bloating the editor through duplicating existing features.

As for the different levels of deletion: I don't quite get this.
If I want to map rhythm before I do placement, it doesn't matter whether notes are visible on the field or not.
If I want to remap a section but keep the rhythm (why would you remap if you don't change the rhythm anyway?) just move the notes and reshape the sliders and it won't be a tragedy at all.

For your point on bookmarks, I'm sure this feature request exists already.