forum

Official mania keyboard

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Burriam
What if Peppy sold an 'official' mania keyboard with like 8 keys and a space bar.

Thoughts?
Sandy Hoey
If Peppy sold an 'official' mania keyboard with like 8 keys and a space bar, then he would be selling an 'official' mania keyboard with like 8 keys and a space bar.

Probably not going to happen. Not worth the investment of time or money
Topic Starter
Burriam

Sandy Hoey wrote:

If Peppy sold an 'official' mania keyboard with like 8 keys and a space bar, then he would be selling an 'official' mania keyboard with like 8 keys and a space bar.

Probably not going to happen. Not worth the investment of time or money

I'd imagine it could be thin and more mobile with grip to not slide. I think the idea could be built on.
Bobbias
Hand positioning varies player to player. I've seen people use leftshift z x space j k l for 7k, and I use sdf space op[. There are players out there who play stuff like qw 89 on numpad in 4k... Nobody who plays with anything beyond the default layout will want to play on a dedicated keyboard for mania.

Sure, it's still possible to market an official keyboard with a limited number of keys, but I feel like it would end up mostly targeting a casual audience, and casual players are the least likely to actually spend money on something like that.
mijkolsmith
It could work if the keys would be detachable and attachable from each other, so when playing 4k a player could use 4 keys and for 7k you could use and extra spacebar (which should be adjustable for how low it should be).

Then you got a small problem for scratch players who use like ctrl, but that wouldn't be a problem personally because I use sdf space jkl; for that with ; as special key.

Even though I like the idea, I think there wouldn't be enough interest for a good revenue. Also as explained here there has to be a lot of versatility; In return, the keyboard would be quite expensive and you'd probably be better of investing in a normal mechanical keyboard instead.
SnixWasTaken
If that were to be a thing, I could have bought it.
Userbacker
And what about a godd**n controller that's under 200$ huh, that would be awesome

probably not going to happen, and as someone said, hand positioning isn't the same for every player so...
AncuL
why buying a mania controller, when you can actually buy a keyboard and use it to both type and play mania

unless it's cherry MX and still has the key-to-price ratio of a keyboard, i'd buy it but otherwise no