forum

[Archived] Differences in latency

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
pobodysnerfect
Hey everyone, been back on osu for 2 months after a few years of not playing. I jumped back on after I got my first gaming laptop. It is a ROG laptop with a GTX 1060, i7-7700 processor at 2.6 Ghz, 120hz panel, 1080p resolution and whenever I hook it up to my LG TV it feels like every hit feels perfect and in sync with the audio with a near 2 ms input lag. My TV resoultion is 1360 x 788 and I think I also have it set to 60 Hz since I feel like that's all it can handle. However, when I play on my laptop, it feels a bit off and the input lag is around .5 to .85 ms. I'm playing at native resolution with unlimited, all unecessary settings turned off. I even tried messing with the Nvidia control panel and turned off all post processing with maximum performance preferred. I even set lowresolution to 1 on my .cfg file, I'm not sure what is wrong but hopefully you guys can help me out.
Gandoraffu
try turning off V-sync / compatibility mode / reduce frame drops / and fps limiter, that helped in my case. PS: if it still lags, idk why but maybe try running osu! with your intergrated graphics instead. i get better FPS with mine running on intel HD rather then my AMD laptop card