forum

Should I switch from standard to mania? owo

posted
Total Posts

Should I switch from osu!standard to osu!mania?

Yes!
59.80%
No!
9.31%
Idc lol
30.88%
Total votes: 204
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI
It's simple!

I'm getting tired of seeing 1x miss from majority of my plays in standard and I thought of switching to mania until I get a tablet.

so should I switch? owo
_SkyFall
I'm sure you'll love Mania so go on and at least give it a try :D
Caput Mortuum
play 7k
Mukund Chandra
Funny,I started mania for the exact same reason,I have no tablet!
Yyorshire
mania is objectively the best gamemode
Bobbias
Honestly, its up to you. Mania has a very different scoring system, but pp farming overrated maps is still very much a thing here. Sure, 1 miss doesnt criple your score the way it does in std, but star rating is probably more broken in mania than std.

And yes, play 7k.
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

Bobbias wrote:

Honestly, its up to you. Mania has a very different scoring system, but pp farming overrated maps is still very much a thing here. Sure, 1 miss doesnt criple your score the way it does in std, but star rating is probably more broken in mania than std.

And yes, play 7k.

Ik I played mania a bit and I noticed that theres a huge difficulty gap between 2* and 2.3*

No I only play 4k, 7k is totally nuts
Variko
If you're enjoying it then nothing's stopping you.

I personally find 7k more fun once you get used to it but I see people doing just fine by playing exclusively 4k.
Bobbias
The play 7k comment was partly a joke. That said, 7k can be a LOT of fun once you learn it. Also, even at 2 stars, you cant just compare star rating between 2 maps, because the different mapping style between maps can make a huge difference in difficulty. A 2 star map that features mostly LNs (long notes, aka sliders or holds) can easily be harder to score on than a 3 star map with no LNs and easy patterns. And it only gets worse as you get higher in sr. I still fail some maps in the mid 5 stars in 7k, but there are also a few maps over 7 and 8 stars I can pass.

Star rating is calculated by looking at the density of notes in a map, but it knows absolutely nothing about what patterns are easy or hard.

Its best to look at star rating as a very rough guide. Dont worry too much if a map is within 0.5 stars or so of what you usually play. If you like it, try it. If its too hard, then come back later, but don't just ignore maps because the star rating is a bit higher than you think you can play.
Topic Starter
DXPOHIHIHI

Bobbias wrote:

The play 7k comment was partly a joke. That said, 7k can be a LOT of fun once you learn it. Also, even at 2 stars, you cant just compare star rating between 2 maps, because the different mapping style between maps can make a huge difference in difficulty. A 2 star map that features mostly LNs (long notes, aka sliders or holds) can easily be harder to score on than a 3 star map with no LNs and easy patterns. And it only gets worse as you get higher in sr. I still fail some maps in the mid 5 stars in 7k, but there are also a few maps over 7 and 8 stars I can pass.

Star rating is calculated by looking at the density of notes in a map, but it knows absolutely nothing about what patterns are easy or hard.

Its best to look at star rating as a very rough guide. Dont worry too much if a map is within 0.5 stars or so of what you usually play. If you like it, try it. If its too hard, then come back later, but don't just ignore maps because the star rating is a bit higher than you think you can play.

My first play on mania was a 1.5** something, and I was suprised that I even got an B, I guess that skill came from my other xperiences on other rythym games.

But tbh mania isn't hard at all, but it need more maps
abraker

szkiller wrote:

but it need more maps
unranked is da way
_SkyFall

szkiller wrote:

But tbh mania isn't hard at all
*triggered*
Bobbias

szkiller wrote:

But tbh mania isn't hard at all, but it need more maps

Like Abraker said, unranked maps are your friend. Since mania is so much newer than std and has had less BN activity, there are FAR less ranked maps, but since there are many games like mania, there are a lot of experienced mappers who make maps but don't even try to get them ranked, or only get a small fraction of their maps ranked.

While looking through unranked maps means you might come across bad or unfinished maps, the key is find mappers that you like and check out all their maps. Of course, there are mappers out there with only 1 or 2 unranked maps, but their maps are good, most of the good unranked mappers will have a bunch of maps.
Caput Mortuum
check my maps