forum

[Archived] black screen, when alt-tab in osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Eagle
Problem Details:
i have to compatibility mode enabled ( because when this mode is offline my cursor have very big delay and i must turn on this mode) and fullscreen with black zones on the sides (left and right). Playing Osu in 1280 * 1024 resolution. When i alt-tab to browser Google Chrome or other programm and one more alt-tab in game Osu i get 3-5 flashing blinks and black screen. Graphic drivers are latest

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
Death
Please try clean reinstalling your graphics drivers.

Also, make sure you have no overlays enabled. If you use Discord, it has an in-game overlay that seems to be causing lots of issues similar to this.
Topic Starter
Eagle
i was uninstall my graphic drivers, downloaded for my laptop latest drivers and now have same problem. I have no overlays enabled, but usually i chatting in discord, but not use overlays with Osu!. Even when Discord wasn't running, the blackscreen problem is still here
Topic Starter
Eagle
Any answers please???? problem still not solved
Cloudberry
Hello Eagle,
are you using DirectX or OpenGL (compatibility mode i believe)?
i had the same blackscreen and flashing from the game while using OpenGL in fullscreen mode, which is probably your case. if it is, please try with DirectX or windowed mode.
namco
this topic is really old but I also have the same issues and I have to reboot my pc every time it happens, and they removed the graphics mode swap :(
shootingbilldip

namco wrote:

this topic is really old but I also have the same issues and I have to reboot my pc every time it happens, and they removed the graphics mode swap :(
yes ive had this issue too but it only seemed to start up when i got a wider monitor? maybe its that?
shorion
I have same problem and it also causes some kind of aim lag after refreshing screen 2-3 times (increases depending to alt-tab count). I am using RX 570 as a graphic card and my driver is the latest right now. I've tried to install old drivers in 2020-2021 to see if it fixes. As a result it fixed the issue but after that im getting less fps on every game.
Kistan

shorion wrote:

I have same problem and it also causes some kind of aim lag after refreshing screen 2-3 times (increases depending to alt-tab count). I am using RX 570 as a graphic card and my driver is the latest right now. I've tried to install old drivers in 2020-2021 to see if it fixes. As a result it fixed the issue but after that im getting less fps on every game.
BRO I HAVE THIS PROBLEM TOO
I THINK THIS IS PROBLEM RX GPU
Jason X
This topic is 5 years old and has been Archived, if the problem is recent I suggest making a new post in the Help forum , you'd get way more attention there.
shorion

Kistan wrote:

shorion wrote:

dude i wrote this to amd forum and here is link: https://community.amd.com/t5/drivers-software/opengl-problem-i-guess/m-p/609910#M175768 i think they don't want to solve this.
Chuffy
just started having this issue after driver update is most likely new amd drivers issue (as always)
BeHot

Kistan wrote:

shorion wrote:

It also occurs on vega 7 and RX 550
Devd_my_ass
I started having this issue, restarted my PC, didn't fix shit, then I wanted to check if it was because of osu! itself or if its because of my system, so I installed a different client in my PC and it opened up just fine, no issues whatsoever, meanwhile my nvidia game ready drivers were updating simultaneously and got installed right after. I pulled up my original osu! client and it went back to working fine, I wonder wtf happened here.
Lyawi
create new issue here: community/forums/5