forum

[Archived] Not submitting score?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ThatCoolMania
When I finish a map it tells me that it could not submit the map. I do really good plays but they don't show up on my profile because of this. This is a client issue I think but I did reinstall my osu! client and it still errors. Could this have something to do with maps?
Amelia24

ThatCoolMania wrote:

When I finish a map it tells me that it could not submit the map. I do really good plays but they don't show up on my profile because of this. This is a client issue I think but I did reinstall my osu! client and it still errors. Could this have something to do with maps?

Hey! Maps not submitting is a known issue with osu. Not sure the reason behind it but it happens to pretty much everyone, sometimes it will Submit and other times it wont.
Death

ThatCoolMania wrote:

I see that you were able to submit scores an hour ago, does that mean you are no longer having this issue? If not, what is the error message you receive?

Mr Kiwitastic24 wrote:

Hey! Maps not submitting is a known issue with osu. Not sure the reason behind it but it happens to pretty much everyone, sometimes it will Submit and other times it wont.
I'm not entirely sure where you heard this. It's not very often that scores don't submit relative to the amount of scores that go through everyday. I'd be willing to bet a majority of players will never experience this.
Amelia24

Death wrote:

ThatCoolMania wrote:

I see that you were able to submit scores an hour ago, does that mean you are no longer having this issue? If not, what is the error message you receive?

Mr Kiwitastic24 wrote:

I'm not entirely sure where you heard this. It's not very often that scores don't submit relative to the amount of scores that go through everyday. I'd be willing to bet a majority of players will never experience this.

well, it happens to me alot, recently it hasn't happened as much but i did some research a while back and found a LOT of people had the same issue and that it was pretty common.
Death

Mr Kiwitastic24 wrote:

well, it happens to me alot, recently it hasn't happened as much but i did some research a while back and found a LOT of people had the same issue and that it was pretty common.
If you receive an error message and provide that, it's possible someone can help you. If you don't receive an error message for scores that appear to not be submitting then it's even less likely that they didn't submit. It's also unlikely that random scores submit while others do not. Either you are not checking in the right places to make sure they are submitting, or you are having some really weird internet issues and a network.log might help with that.

A majority of the time, people believe their scores are not submitting because they are not receiving pp. That is not a good way to judge score submission. A better way is to check under the "Historical" tab of your profile.

Again, I'm not sure what you read that makes you believe this issue is common, because I would like to see that if it's recent. Recently, there was one very specific cause of score submission not working, due to high memory usage while playing. There were changes made for this, and I would not consider the amount of people affected 'common'.