forum

Sounds are not working [Resolved]

posted
Total Posts
show more
awp
I have no idea what's going on so update your soundcard drivers or fiddle with your sound settings or something. The video recording program is pulling the audio indicating that osu! is still playing the sound, but when you're running osu! the sound is being output to something inaudible? That doesn't explain why you can hear soft samplesets though.

But as a word of advice, since it's only you that has this problem (afaik), 99% of the time it means something to do with your system configuration is the root of the cause.
Torran
What's your operating system? I'm thinking...Windows XP. Oh, and what's your speaker setup like?
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
@awp:
Well I dunno what the problem is, just speculate... but I will try to update my sound drivers and search again a new one. Maybe it's the wrong one.

@soradg123:
No, it is Win7.
What to say about it... it's just a Blue Setup from Realtek. It's an other setup as the one I had before.
Torran
I want you to try this experiment then:

1. Right click on the speaker icon in your system tray and choose "Playback devices"
2. Open osu!
  • a) Play a beatmap where you can hear the song but not the sfx
    b) Take note of the devices that are active in both the playback and recording tabs
    c) Play a beatmap where you can't hear the song or the sfx
    d) Take note of the devices that are active in both the playback and recording tabs
    e) Look for contradictions and use logic
3. Report your detailed observations and conclusion here
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
a + b:
playback -> has recorded the sfx sound.
recording -> has not recorded the sfx sound.

c + d:
playback -> has recorded the song and the sfx sound.
recording -> has not recorded the song and the sfx sound.

My conclusion is that the problem comes from the PC, and not from Osu!.
Maybe the driver need something to be able to play the sounds from the sfx and some songs.
-> ,,But what should it be?", would be my question.
-> ,,And why can the driver play the soft sfx from Osu! ?"

That's all I can say about it...
Torran
Do you have headphones? I want you to try using something other than your speakers. I know your speakers aren't broken but perhaps your odd configuration only affects speakers. As long as your computer recognizes it as something other than your speakers it should be fine.
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
I used also my headphone. Nothing changed.
Edit: I was also thinking about that, and I've tried to change the options. But also nothing changed.
Torran
YES! I was able to reproduce your situation on my own PC! I simply forced 5.1 Speakers in my audio configuration and voila!

I think it's because osu! doesn't support more than stereo sound.
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
WoW, wow, wow! That's a really nice message!
How do you changed it? - I'm not really good in things like sounds.
Torran
Hopefully, there should be another icon in the system tray other than the Windows icon that messes with audio configuration.
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
ZOMG!!!!!jdsaköldh...!

Okay, okay... first step is solved...omg... it works...O_O!
But now I can't here the other sounds I was hearing at the beginning. Every thing turned off, and the taiko and Ronald sounds are now on. xD

[Edit:] And when I use the Headphone, it turns again everything. Is it possible to configurate the sound in a way, to hear it every time, never mind with what? ( I hope that was not to bad english )

[Edit2:] okay... zomg, I turned the Headphone into 5.1 and the Speakers into 2.1. Now it works! But it sucks a little bit to play with headphones when the song is playing on speakers. xD

[Edit3] Now the question is: ,,How to get 2.1 and 5.1 to be one?"
Axel
have you tyed turning up all the sounds in OSU!? like the Volume master Volume Effect and Volume Music?
i had the same problem but i fixed it in a snap. i just restarted my computer.
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
Sure.
Torran
So everything is resolved then?
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
I added some sentences into the last post.

[Edit:] And when I use the Headphone, it turns again everything. Is it possible to configurate the sound in a way, to hear it every time, never mind with what? ( I hope that was not to bad english )

[Edit2:] okay... zomg, I turned the Headphone into 5.1 and the Speakers into 2.1. Now it works! But it sucks a little bit to play with headphones when the song is playing on speakers. xD

[Edit3] Now the question is: ,,How to get 2.1 and 5.1 to be one?"
Torran
Right click the Windows sound icon in the system tray and select playback devices again.
Select a playback device and press the configure button in the bottom left to adjust channels for that device.
Headphones should have its own separate device that you can also configure.
Axel
So is it resovled?
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
I will say it / write it down if it is resolved. xD

But it isn't yet. Just a little bit and it is...

Select a playback device and press the configure button in the bottom left to adjust channels for that device.
I can select just one and it dosen't work when I'm configurate it.
So at the moment I can just choose 5.1 or 2.1.
Topic Starter
OnosakiHito
I was talking to soradg123 in game. A really big thank's to him! Now I know a lot more about the problem.

If peppy should read that -> It would be nice if osu! would support also Souround systems, if it dose not yet~!

The problem is resolved for now. Thank's to every one who has helped me!

хвала!
ありがとうございました!
Danke!

Greetings,
O.Hito
DuckVirus

Neo Adonis wrote:

Right options:
  1. All volume on effects
  2. On the skin options, select "Use skin's sounds samples

If you've done this, but the skin doesn't work properlym try downloading directly: http://osu.ppy.sh/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=662. Extract it on to the skins folder on osu!'s program folder.

worked for me tnx
Death
Glad this was able to help you, however please take a look at the date before posting next time to avoid bumping threads that are 8 years old.