[Proposal - catch] Extremely simple HDashes in salad

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Xinnoh
Currently, no hyperdashes are allowed on salad

Platters use a lot of hyperdashes
We're considering adding antiflow hyperdashes to platters
Jumping from having no HDashes to HDashes with antiflow is hard.
Spreads in general are kinda weird

I'm proposing is to allow extremely simple use of hyperdashes in Salad.
This would only be used on the start of a chorus, or a sound of similar strength
It should only occur once every 1-2 minutes.
Rules that limit its use such as "Have 1/1 recovery after" or "Keep hyper distance as small as possible" would be good

Platters are meant to be introductions to hyperdashes, but antiflow and whatnot is beyond an introduction.
Salads having extremely simple hyperdashes would make it easier to understand how a hyperdash works and the mechanics behind it, rather than seeing them everywhere in platter
If done right, it would essentially play like a normal dash with a bit of zoom
Spectator
Agreed with this
eldnl
Yes
F D Flourite
middle~positive for me

positve reason: I have many std player friends who wanted to play catch mode, but many of them were scared away by HDashes in converts. (You have to think that the first way they get in touch with catch is playing converts) Providing a difficulty with such HDashes will probably help them getting along with HDashes easier.

middle: how to judge if a HDash is extremely simple during modding process to protect the spread? We've already had enough vague terms. Your idea of "the start of a chorus, or a sound of similar strength" is a possible solution but doesn't always work, as there are many types of songs that don't really fit into your idea perfectly. Maybe only limit the frequency and let BNs judge them subjectively.
MBomb
if we're allowing hdashes in salads, we'd need to allow simple dashes in cup too, and then at that point, why not add another easier difficulty? it's a lot better of a solution to get people to lower the amount of HDashes in platters, than to push people to make salads the new introduction to HDashes.
pishifat
anything happening with this?
pishifat
guess not