forum

Some (3*+) questions

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SnixWasTaken
Wow... so it has been already 2 and a half months since I have started playing mania. Time flies doesn't it? :P
As I improve rapidly, I have some questions in mind which I would like answers for. :)

1. Do longer sessions of playing mania increases your stamina?
Lets say instead of playing 2-3 hours, I play 4-8 hours of mania. Does this increase my stamina and the ability to improve faster? (No, I do not need you to suggest me stamina beatmaps, just answer the question.)
I don't force myself to play, I play long sessions cause I want to and I feel like it.

2. I start off with a warm-up with playing 2.9*, when I am done warming-up I go to 3.1* difficulty and start playing all beatmaps one after another until I get to a point where I start to struggle (something around 3.4*). If I get to my limit (3.4*+), and I score something like 600k-750k which usually means 88%-93%, is it still fine to keep pushing to a little harder maps? Or should I stop?

3. Is it me or Jack chords and bursty jump streams is hard to play and takes a lot of time to master?
As well as streams (stairs) which include triple chords, jump streams and even jack chords right in the middle of them which is EXTREMELY anti-climactic and completely kills the tempo.

4. Very few beatmaps have this kind of pattern, I don't even think it's a pattern because it is too hard and too fast for me to read. Basically its a massive wall of (20-30) notes which come super fast at me. What the hell am I suppose to do with that? Maybe I can hit the first 8-10 notes but the rest just fries my brain completely and I get lost immediately... Why is this even a thing in 3*-3.5* beatmaps?... How do I deal with this kind of thing?
Yyorshire
1. i wouldnt recommend doing that, your stamina increases naturally as you play, if you want more then play stamina maps

2. most people would recommend to play what you can A or S, and generally this is a good way to improve, its fine to push yourself, but don't play maps that you physically can't do or else you'll develop mindblocks later on

3. all patterns take time to master, some come easier to you than others, the best way to improve at them is to play them

xnix wrote:

As well as streams (stairs) which include triple chords, jump streams and even jack chords right in the middle of them
i assume you are talking about handstreams and minijacks here, just some terminology for you

4. i assume you are talking about rolls here, and not too many osu maps have this pattern in low level play so its typically harder for osu players to get the hang of this pattern early on

someone else may post a more detailed reply, im feeling lazy today
Topic Starter
SnixWasTaken
No I am not talking about rolls, rolls is one of the easiest patterns for me.

I was talking about something like this: http://i.imgur.com/uDpbWay.png
Which is not even remotely close to being a roll.
Yyorshire
thats just cancer
MrGarebear2000
Mania is hard lol
[TAS]
Looks like a jumpstream to me but if you really want to be precise its probably closer to a handstream/chord stream because of well the chords lol

Honestly push yourself as far as your comfortable with. For me anything in the realm 85-91% is about my limit I would say. Just depends on you and how far your comfortable pushing.
Bobbias
Yeah, that's basically a handstream, although not very dense with the hands.

I'd like to remind you that star rating is broken, and you should more or less ignore star rating. The difficulty of a pattern has nothing to do with the density of it (to a degree, even the easiest 6* map will be harder than a 3* map), which is what star rating looks at.