forum

[resolved] I can't download certain beatmaps.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
flameslinger18
Hey, hopefully someone can help me, so obviously by the title, I can't download certain beatmaps, but I can download most of them, what happens is that when I click the download button for a beatmap (megalovania for example) it starts downloading, then when I click on it, it loads into osu, and when it finishes, the map isn't there and it resumes playing the current song. I go back and check on Chrome, and in the downloads, it says it downloaded, but it's crossed out and next to it, it says deleted. Pls halp.
Death
At the top right of the song selection screen, group your maps by "No Grouping." Make sure you are not filtering beatmaps by difficulty, this can be changed in the options menu using these two sliders:

And if the map is still not showing up after doing that, hit F5 on the song selection screen and reload all of your maps.
Topic Starter
flameslinger18
Thanks for replying in short notice, I always have all the maps appearing, so the grouping is fine, and I also pressed f5, but after searching for the map, it still isn't there. I look in the songs files in windows explorer and I see that it's in there, but when I search in-game, it's not there. Is there anyway to fix this? Does the game see that it's in there but doesn't show?
Death
Did you check to make sure you haven't accidentally bumped that slider without knowing? Sometimes that happens, and it's hard to catch beatmaps that are missing if you aren't specifically looking for them.

Assuming that is all set correctly, try this:
  1. Close osu!
  2. Move the file osu!.db outside your osu! folder
  3. Reopen osu! and hit play (your maps should start reprocessing)
Just as a note, this will mark all of your beatmaps as unplayed.
Topic Starter
flameslinger18
Beatmaps come in different difficulties right? I'm asking because none of the difficulties appear for Megalovania.
Death

flameslinger18 wrote:

Beatmaps come in different difficulties right? I'm asking because none of the difficulties appear for Megalovania.
Yes, there are usually multiple difficulties that makeup a beatmap set. Depending on the map, there could only be one difficulty though. Depending on the sort method you have chosen, each difficulty could be displayed separate from each other, but they should still appear in general. Can you send a link to the Megalovania map you are talking about?

My previous posts were meant to address any beatmap not appearing, this includes all of its individual difficulties, assuming the map is inside your Songs folder as you said this one is.
Topic Starter
flameslinger18
https://osu.ppy.sh/beatmapsets/387700/#osu/846105

Also, I haven't touched the beatmaps sorting ever since I downloaded osu!.

I took the file out of osu! like you said, and it didn't work, so then I redownloaded the beatmap and put the file back in, and now it works! Thank you for helping me! I would rate you if I could!
GDM Monster
how if, i want download beatmap in multiplayer mode but do not want open website like mozilla/chrome? or i want to see my profil and change my photo profile but do not want open website?
Death

GDM Monster wrote:

how if, i want download beatmap in multiplayer mode but do not want open website like mozilla/chrome? or i want to see my profil and change my photo profile but do not want open website?

Please make a new thread next time you are having issues instead of bumping an old one that isn't even related to your issue at all.

If you are a supporter you can download beatmaps in-game so you don't need to open the website.

Currently there is no way to see your profile or change your avatar without opening the website.