forum

[Archived] Tablet area problem

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CoderDayton
Hey Guys,

So I recently just switched from a 24" 1080p monitor to a 34" 1440p ultrawide monitor and the only way i can keep my same tablet area is to set resolution ingame to 1920x1080. This is fine but there is one issue, when i alt tab, my monitor has to switch back to its normal resolution which causes flickering for a sec. This is very annoying because i cant just alt tab quickly. Ive tried to just keep osu at the native resolution and change my tablet area but it feels so bad. Anything I can do?
Zravy
Hey! Good choice with the ultrawide, I also have one.
About your problem, there's a couple of options in-game that you can try changing.

Firstly if you play in fullscreen but have the resolution set lower than your native resolution I highly recommend enabling the "Letterboxing" option. This basically just puts a black box around the game so that it doesn't have to upscale to fit the size of your screen.

The second thing that may help you is an option that's called "Map absolute raw input to the osu! window". Enabling this option basically tricks tablets and other stuff like that to think that the game window is the entire screen. This is very helpful for people who use ultrawide monitors.

And of course, depending on what tablet you use, you can always change its settings to lock onto only specific areas of the screen.

Oh yeah, and as Taiga said borderless windowed will reduce the "flicker" you get, but it may increase input lag.
-Makishima S-
1) 1920 x 1080 ingame
2) Borderless
3) Letter-boxing

Now if you have input lag in tablet driver, use this once if it's supported: https://github.com/hawku/TabletDriver
Rest is up to your work with settings.