forum

[Archived] XP-Pen G540 Area Problems

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Seiichimiya
I have an XP-Pen G540, and before I had the drivers "ver:1.3.5" which had pretty messy area changing with no ability to be able to input any set values and having to just drag the area in hopes that you go it right, but I could at least do some math in order to ensure that the tablet area was close to a 4:3 aspect ratio corresponding to my gameplay area so that the input felt right, however when trying to go to a version of drivers that apparently let you input numbers for the area to get a precise aspect ratio I wasn't able to and now trying to revert to my old drivers, has now installed "ver:1.4.2" which now instead of displaying measurements of the tablet area in CM now just displays what seems to me to be random numbers that I can't convert to any metric value in order to get a tablet area that feels right and makes using the tablet feel almost unusable, and since it's a 5.5 x 4 inch tablet, the default full area is nowhere near a 16:9 or 4:3 area so moving my pen straight along makes it feel as if it's going at a total diagonal.

If anyone could help me to get the drivers that support inputting a set value for the tablet area, or just my old drivers that allowed me to see the actual values in CM so that I can get close to a decent tablet area that'd be great.

Comparison of my old and new drivers to demonstrate what I mean:
https://i.imgur.com/HHzoTm8.png
https://i.imgur.com/JUA1HRG.png
Quibbly
I have the G640, the newest drivers are just fine for me. Just random guess your play area, Ik you said you already do this but honestly it’s great. If you can get used to the over sensitive horizontal angles you can do some insane jumps. Just find what feels good for you. Having an exact ratio isn’t always the best.
Topic Starter
Seiichimiya

Quibbly wrote:

I have the G640, the newest drivers are just fine for me. Just random guess your play area, Ik you said you already do this but honestly it’s great. If you can get used to the over sensitive horizontal angles you can do some insane jumps. Just find what feels good for you. Having an exact ratio isn’t always the best.
When I first started using a tablet I didn't even know that changing tablet area was a viable thing so I was sorta used to doing them strange angles through muscle memory over time but after having used a custom tablet area for several months now that I haven't changed once it's really off-putting and makes it really difficult to play. Besides, in real life I have really really small handwriting, so I think that's why a small tablet area feels so much more natural and why doing large jumps on a full area is so uncomfortable for me personally, so being able to have my old area again would be preferable but, otherwise I'm probably just gonna end up buying a Huion in the near future even if it means me having to use a pen with a battery in (I really am that fussy with these things lol).

What does your tablet drivers look like though? I assume they're the ones with just random numbers rather than actual measurements that don't seem to convert to any real world unit, but if it does at least have the centimeter measurement like the older ones is there anyway you could manage to send me that somehow or?