forum

[Archived] HELP!!!!!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TahminaK180
Problem Details:

I'm trying to upload an Osu beatmap. I created 4 difficulties for it for a song called Strawberry Princess, a Vocaloid song sung by the Vocaloid Len Kagamine. Whenever I hit the submit button and press the "Upload beatmap" button, a popup comes up saying, "Error. The beatmap is too large. If you have a video background, please encode it to a smaller file." and I have NO idea what that means! Yes, I did put a video for the background. But I can't get this thing to work! I've went on different video downloading websites and they either threatened to give me viruses or just didn't work. I wanna upload my beatmap so badly that I feel like crying. Somebody help! T_T

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20180323.2 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
Your video is too large. You need to make it smaller by either compressing it, or lowering the resolution. Both requires *some* video knowledge

Handbrake is the software I personally use. You will need to look up some tutorials for sure.

Or just take the bullet and upload without the video for now.
Topic Starter
TahminaK180

Dntm8kmeeatu wrote:

Your video is too large. You need to make it smaller by either compressing it, or lowering the resolution. Both requires *some* video knowledge

Handbrake is the software I personally use. You will need to look up some tutorials for sure.

Or just take the bullet and upload without the video for now.

But I can't remove the video!
Lyawi
why not.

file > open song folder > put the video file out of the folder
then save your beatmap, go out of the editor, go in again and try uploading
Topic Starter
TahminaK180

Lyawi wrote:

why not.

file > open song folder > put the video file out of the folder
then save your beatmap, go out of the editor, go in again and try uploading
Oh great! Now when I did that, ALL my difficulties except the one that I was on JUST WIPED OUT!!! I can't even see them anymore! I spent 3 days working on each one, and now all that hard work has been FLUSHED DOWN THE DRAIN!! I can't get them back! This one issue has turned into a dreadful disaster! Now I have to remake the ENTIRE beatmap all over again!
Lyawi
Are you sorting your beatmaps by title?