forum

[Archived] FPS Locked at 400 using NVIDIA GPU on Laptop

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Beltsazar
Problem Details:
Whenever i tried to run osu with the NVIDIA GPU instead of the integrated graphics, the fps locked at 400fps

I've tried running osu on 3 different laptops with different specs using the NVIDIA GPU, but the results are all the same

Spec 1:
CPU : i3 5005U
GPU : GeForce 920MX

Spec 2 :
CPU : i5 7200U
GPU : GeForce 920MX

Spec 3:
CPU : i5 7200U
GPU : GeForce 940MX

I've tried updating the drivers and windows, disabling vsync in the NVIDIA control panel, disabling the visuals setting in osu, stopping background apps, but still didn't worked

pls help

osu! version: 20180321.1 (latest)
Death
Try disabling fullscreen optimizations, or give the possible solutions in this thread a try. It's a different issue, but some of the things mentioned in there could help if you haven't tried them already.
Topic Starter
Beltsazar

Death wrote:

Try disabling fullscreen optimizations, or give the possible solutions in this thread a try. It's a different issue, but some of the things mentioned in there could help if you haven't tried them already.
Thanks for your reply. I've seen this thread before, the only solution that works for me is just lowering down the resolution. But that's just weird, my Intel HD 5500 can run osu on 1366x768 with 600-900fps in-game, but the GeForce 920MX, which is literally a stronger GPU, can only run osu at 400fps on 1366x768, it can only achieve 800fps when i lower down the resolution to 800x600