forum

[Archived] FPS Drop

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
felkiiee
Problem Details:
While plugged in i get 240fps stable on my integrated graphics(intel hd graphics 620)
On my dedicated graphics i get around 120 fps with lots of input lag (AMD RX550)
While on battery however both get around 120 fps with lots of input lag.

Why are my integrate graphics performing better? And how do I fix the problem's of my dedicated graphics being terrible and my on battery osu frames being terrible?

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
Retroke
i have a Nvidia GTX 950M dedicated graphics, and my solution for it was: trying to play with window mode, or fullscreen mode, my graphics card perform better with windowed gameplay at 1080p fullsized screen
TR4NQU1L1TY

Fhlaris wrote:

Problem Details:
While plugged in i get 240fps stable on my integrated graphics(intel hd graphics 620)
On my dedicated graphics i get around 120 fps with lots of input lag (AMD RX550)
While on battery however both get around 120 fps with lots of input lag.

Why are my integrate graphics performing better? And how do I fix the problem's of my dedicated graphics being terrible and my on battery osu frames being terrible?

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
Though I am not too familiar with AMD GPUs (as I am in possession of a NVIDIA one), I suggest you open up your GPU's program and search if there is a battery saver option. This occurs with NVIDIA, as it can force one's computer to reduce to 30 FPS in order to preserve a dying battery. Again, this is the case with NVIDIA GPUs, I cannot guarantee there is such an option for AMD.

You did mention that this battery reduction also affects you with integrated graphics... Check your battery options (should be able to right-click your battery icon, and go to "Power Options") and make sure that it is set to "High Performance." Else, you can also explore the advanced section of the battery profiles, and remove any CPU performance limiters. Ensure that there are no other programs limiting your battery in such a way.

Of course, to completely solve the low-battery FPS drop, you could always get the charger ready :D

Retroke wrote:

i have a Nvidia GTX 950M dedicated graphics, and my solution for it was: trying to play with window mode, or fullscreen mode, my graphics card perform better with windowed gameplay at 1080p fullsized screen
Here we have a fellow NVIDIA GPU! It seemed as if you were experiencing this problem, for which I have created a thread that many have contributed to. Indeed, fullscreen windowed was a great solution for my brother's NVIDIA GTX 1050, but I decided that I fare better with my original integrated graphics (the NVIDIA 820M could not compare!). Though such fixes may not be applicable to AMD GPUs, go ahead and try the suggested workarounds (including the many mentioned in the provided thread)... You may never know, they could help :)

I wish you the best of luck! TR4NQU1L1TY
Topic Starter
felkiiee
I have fixed the performance while running on battery for the integrated graphics. So now both on and off battery osu funds at 240fps on integrated although there are extreme fps drops occasionally.

The dedicated graphics runs at about 210 frames with compatibility mode on and 'disable fullscreen optimisations' on. I also tried toggling off fullscreen mode but that made the fps even lower. Any help with my fixing my dedicated graphics would be appreciated! (Reminder my card is an AMD card not nvidia)

Is this problem causes because osu has bad support for AMD graphics? Or is there just something wrong with my settings or something?
Retroke

Fhlaris wrote:

I have fixed the performance while running on battery for the integrated graphics. So now both on and off battery osu funds at 240fps on integrated although there are extreme fps drops occasionally.

The dedicated graphics runs at about 210 frames with compatibility mode on and 'disable fullscreen optimisations' on. I also tried toggling off fullscreen mode but that made the fps even lower. Any help with my fixing my dedicated graphics would be appreciated! (Reminder my card is an AMD card not nvidia)

Is this problem causes because osu has bad support for AMD graphics? Or is there just something wrong with my settings or something?

maybe you already did but.... you tried to give osu max priority in task manager? maybe could help
SuperG2042
My PC has this specs:
- REM: 8,00 GB (7,79 GB)
- CPU: Intel Pentium B960 @ 2.20 GHz (PGA)
- GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 610M
- Brand: Samsung
- Model: NP300E4C
- Chipset Type: HM70*

*Only supports Celeron and Pentium Processors