forum

osu! ScoreV2 Discussion

posted
Total Posts
show more
Cahyono29
no matter what people said,you guys the stuff will never remove the ''slider acc" isn't it?
Caput Mortuum
what if i told you that there are also people who support slider acc?
autoteleology
What if I told you those people are wrong?

I would love to see someone justify how the positives of this change outweigh the laundry list of negatives, such as:

- Did you play for SS ranks? Well, fuck you, go redo half of them at random. Many legendary top plays possibly ruined. Get rekt Barusamikosu.
- Thousands of #1 map ranks will be reshuffled. I'm sure the holders of those records won't mind losing them at random.
- Any map designed to take advantage of the previous mechanics (Adult Toy? Give Me A Break Stop Now? etc) is now substantially altered/ruined.

What positives are we getting in return from this goalpost shifting, aside from "muh rhythm get good noob lol play more"?

Are you sure that the people who like this change are even in the majority, much less the substantial majority? Are you prepared to handle the tidal wave of complaints from thousands of players who have their play history and/or maps negatively impacted and were unaware of this decision until the moment it is foisted upon them if you find you've substantially misjudged your level of support for this?

Why can this just not be a difficulty increasing mod that people can opt into for extra points/pp instead of something that retroactively edits ten years of a game's history with the precision and subtlety of a chainsaw? Why are we punishing players for past plays when we could be rewarding them for new plays instead?
Caput Mortuum
After mapping for a while, yeah i realize slider acc is not very good. I guess being a mod is a good solution.

edit: eh, not really. There are maps with zero sliders.
Maybe give sliders their own score value and splitting the OD slider for the editor? Regular OD for circles, spinners, etc and Slider OD, with the RC forcing high Slider OD for maps with simple 1/2 rhythms.

Score wipe is still unavoidable though, if they want to fix the scoring system, or until they can find a way to convert all of the scores.
autoteleology

Eraser wrote:

Score wipe is still unavoidable though, if they want to fix the scoring system, or until they can find a way to convert all of the scores.
Converting scores would be trivial. You just run all of the plays through the same algorithm used to calculate the play normally. There is no need to wipe anything, it's a straightforward, one and done conversion.
Z4ckFairX
In my opinion the new score system is just a percentage with way to many 0s after it. If you play a map perfectly you get the 100% score witch is 1000000. I don't get what is the point of having 2 percentages showing on the screen like one being based on your accuracy and the other based on your accuracy and combo.
I'm sure that this https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/nBxoJxF.jpg looks so much better than https://imgur-archive.ppy.sh/71iYFk1.jpg also show exactly how hard and long that beatmap was and it makes you fell more like a pro.
It's also gonna to be fun to see what happens to all those EZ/HT FCs tries since your score will be capped to the 1000000*mod modifier, makes you wonder if they where worth the effort.

About the changes in slider accuracy I think that it's both good and bad. It's ok to demand of a rhythm player to play at the right rhythm at all times but what I actually don't get is what you gain from it. Every time i see a 100 on the screen after a slider i have to think what the hell i did wrong; did I click too early/late or not followed it correctly, also if you have no combo break sound or you just started a combo in the case of a 50 hit makes you wonder if you actually dropped combo or just mistimed it badly.
autoteleology

Z4ckFairX wrote:

In my opinion the new score system is just a percentage with way to many 0s after it.
IMO this is actually the point. It makes scores easier to compare and understand relative to each other instead of being a bunch of big numbers that are cool to look at but provide very little contextual information.

Z4ckFairX wrote:

About the changes in slider accuracy I think that it's both good and bad. It's ok to demand of a rhythm player to play at the right rhythm at all times but what I actually don't get is what you gain from it. Every time i see a 100 on the screen after a slider i have to think what the hell i did wrong; did I click too early/late or not followed it correctly, also if you have no combo break sound or you just started a combo in the case of a 50 hit makes you wonder if you actually dropped combo or just mistimed it badly.
My issue with this isn't that I don't think it is the right idea. My problem is that it's ten years too late to make this decision. This would be like removing the AWP from Counter-Strike. It's not even a question anymore of whether or not it makes the game better, the issue is that the game is no longer what people expect of Counter-Strike, and it changes the meta into something completely unrecognizable from the past. This is a really stupid choice to make when you have a formula that has been established for so long and lots of things have grown around this formula.
DroidBass
One recomendable stuff is not forcing a cap of 1M score regardless of the difficulty/length of a map ... if all marathons, easy, Tv sizes, etc have a limitant of 1M score people that used to play longer maps because of feeling more rewarding and worth it because of the score would just quit with indignation that an easy or even a VERY SHORT map (*cof cof, elmo & monster cookie eater AND OKDAD) would give as much score than map with even x6000 combo or longer.

For that case, you could implement limitant of scores of like 2M, 5M, 10M, 20M, 50M, 100M and so on depending the general length of a map.

Being for example...
1 - 199 clickable elements: 1M
200 - 499 clickable elements 2M
500 - 999 clickable elements 5M
1000 - 1499 clickable elements 10M
1500 - 2499 clickable elements 20M
2500 - 4000 clickable elements 50M
Over 4000 clickable elements (super long marathon) 100M.
Caput Mortuum
1m cap grants uniformity, and easier way to identify how well you do in a map. There is no real reason to use the current one really
SeishunLL
Tbh, I've always preferred playing on V2 just because of the multiplayer aspect of the game and how it has affected the competitive aspect of the game with multiplayer of course and the rise in the amount of tournaments. I remember back in the ol' days when OWC was still using ScoreV1 for tournament scoring, was just hilarious to see the massive leads teams got from one player carrying the team xD. Just too bad that it's still unranked, had so many awesome scores that weren't scored cuz I was playing V2 ;-;
Radobot
I realized I already said this.

Philosofikal wrote:

Z4ckFairX wrote:

In my opinion the new score system is just a percentage with way to many 0s after it.
IMO this is actually the point. It makes scores easier to compare and understand relative to each other instead of being a bunch of big numbers that are cool to look at but provide very little contextual information.
Then stop calling it score and drop the zeroes. For that purpose it might be even better if it was represented as a decimal number from 0.0 to 1.0 with as many decimal places as you want.

Eraser wrote:

1m cap grants uniformity, and easier way to identify how well you do in a map. There is no real reason to use the current one really
Personally, I look at score to avoid uniformity.

Philosofikal wrote:

Converting scores would be trivial. You just run all of the plays through the same algorithm used to calculate the play normally. There is no need to wipe anything, it's a straightforward, one and done conversion.

1. Only top 500 or so plays in the map leaderboard have their replays saved and you can't recalculate the score when you don't know where the misses/50/100/300 happened.
  2. AFAIK osu! times your hits down to the millisecond, but replays are recorded only at 30fps (60 for newer ones). So even when you have a replay it still isn't enough to tell when hits happened.

So no, the data needed is gone, conversion is impossible.
-Makishima S-
Only top 500 or so plays in the map leaderboard have their replays saved and you can't recalculate the score when you don't know where the misses/50/100/300 happened.
Only 500 are available for public.
CADAEMOS
How about, we keep the slider 50 a slider 50 and not make it a miss? :idea:

Oh and for score v3 (maybe consider it for v2 already), it might be a nice idea to keep half of your combo when you break it. So you lose like hallf of ur combo at every miss.
october
Can we give slider accuracy its own skinning files for the 300/100/50 so they can be skinned out? It could make it easier for players used to the old sliders to adjust or just not be bothered by it. Thinking about how sliderends were originally a part of the game and how now most players decide to skin them out gave me this idea.
Lunanor
does this mean rrtyui's big black score will not be SS anymore? cuz i have a feeling he havent done all the sliders properly x)
Barusamikosu

Toffee wrote:

does this mean rrtyui's big black score will not be SS anymore? cuz i have a feeling he havent done all the sliders properly x)
Still an SS
https://www.reddit.com/r/osugame/commen ... ith_score/
worst fl player
I heard rumors that the new scoreV2 will only be placed on maps what are ranked after the patch is made, keeping all the old scoreboards untouched. Is this true or not?

also disable hidden sliders when the FL mod is in use with HD. Thanks
dung eater
Making sliderbraks count as a miss somehow would be nice. Getting s for stuff like that isn't fun
Barusamikosu

jaaakb wrote:

Making sliderbraks count as a miss somehow would be nice. Getting s for stuff like that isn't fun
At this point I'd even be for making missed sliderends count as misses. Getting 100s from those isn't fun.
Brainage
Everything looks cool besides slider acc, HR and DT were pretty underweighted
nikky
is the score counting system be 64-bit, 9,223,372,036,854,775,807? because i saw someone who has accumulated over the 32-bit maximum value and his scores became negative.
Akanagi
Reminder that the feedback on slideracc is still garbage and shouldn't be implemented in the first place. There's no way to tell whether you missed a sliderend or got bad accuracy on it right now and it really messes with the way you play.
Z4ckFairX

Rayne wrote:

Reminder that the feedback on slideracc is still garbage and shouldn't be implemented in the first place. There's no way to tell whether you missed a sliderend or got bad accuracy on it right now and it really messes with the way you play.

In lazer sliders have 2 accs one for the circle like a normal hit circle and one at the end of the slider. In the current osu score v2 it's not implemented like that so it's actually easy to tell what u missed.
nya10
I feel like osu!std score v2 should be more misscount based (idk how to do the math, but it should be similiar to CtB / mania , except with how you'll weight the accuracy factor). Combo scoring doesn't make sense when you miss/sliderbreak in the middle is penalized more than if you miss in the either 1/4 of the map end for example. It give more fairness value and a better measurement how to measure consistency as well.

I don't know how the actual math work but I think this is something to be thought
Facz_old
Ez maps get high score but hard maps get low score for scorev2
EZKawaii
why did ScoreV2 activated on marathon map... i don't care
Bernis
Score v2 seems so much better than w/e we have now. Especialy non-farm maps;
v1
-> you play 30 sec map, get 64% acc, miss some slider ends and a few circles at the end -> here, take a huge reward.
-> play 10 minute map, get 95%, but miss once in the middle -> Ehh, you're not worthy

v2 fixes that and introduces more competition on easier maps with slider accuracy, since it's harder to reach a perfect score.

But replacing old system for old maps is imo unfeasable EDIT: not programmically, but due to public out-cry.
One solutions I could think of is letting mappers choose if they want to use old or new system. And, perhaps, after transition period, forcing all new ranked maps use v2 scoring system?
Another solution is leaving it as a mod, and just multiplying v1's SS score by v2's percentage, allowing both systems to coexist.
Corne2Plum3
I think score v2 should be 50% combo and 50% accuracy
Akumace1
What even is the point of ScoreV2 other than for tournaments it’s useless imo.
Vincent A
Score V2 feature which make the score not relying on combo is a good thing, because it will train your aim and accuracy. But in the other hand, using score v2 will also mean there is no PP Reward. No PP rewards equals no increase in rank. Using both of these we can conclude and make a kind of expectation that, there will be a mid-rank player with a high-rank player skill which in my opinion is kinda cheating the system, but since score V2 is a legal mod, we can do nothing about it.
Zelzatter Zero

Vincent A wrote:

Score V2 feature which make the score not relying on combo is a good thing, because it will train your aim and accuracy. But in the other hand, using score v2 will also mean there is no PP Reward. No PP rewards equals no increase in rank. Using both of these we can conclude and make a kind of expectation that, there will be a mid-rank player with a high-rank player skill which in my opinion is kinda cheating the system, but since score V2 is a legal mod, we can do nothing about it.
Technically? Yes. Practically? Unlikely.

The majority of playerbase (even the new) still find ScoreV2 annoying to play, due to how strict the accuracy required. I don't really think there will be someone who main V2 atm.
Surimixin
scoreV2 it's holy shit
Simon12

Surimixin wrote:

scoreV2 it's holy shit
yeah
Anaxii
I was wondering why does ScoreV2 exist and then I realised that it's only for tournaments lol
[ Sebastian ]
To be honest I really hope that ScoreV2 doesn't become required until a really long time from now.
Anaxii

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

To be honest I really hope that ScoreV2 doesn't become required until a really long time from now.
+1
BlueChinchompa

[ Sebastian ] wrote:

It feels really weird for mania. Being able to get 100% acc (or close to) even thought you got like 2x100.
GtbBraingang
there should be a feature where you lose rank for trying to improve your scores
kaedori
so trur
Anaxii

GtbBraingang wrote:

there should be a feature where you lose rank for trying to improve your scores
What
show more