forum

[Archived] How does overwriting pp scores work? makes no sense?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
SanzenSekai
usually when i get a pp score and then after when i get a higher score but lower acc it decreases my pp play to a lower pp song. But this time i did a song and i have half the score of 10 other tries. but this one does count as higher even though the scores are twice as high?????
Death
osu! allows for multiple score submissions per mod combination. The score worth the most performance points will be used as long as it is a different mod combination.

For example: A full combo with no mods might be worth less performance points than a double time score with a miss in it. Even if the no mod play has a higher score than the double time play, the PP from the double time play will be used.
Vuelo Eluko

Death wrote:

osu! allows for multiple score submissions per mod combination. The score worth the most performance points will be used as long as it is a different mod combination.
so i can have every single choco butter cookie difficulty on my top ranks 7 times? if i play them all nomod/dt/dt hr/dt hd/hd/hd hr/hr ?

Otherwise im not sure if it's worth making the distinction between different mod combinations when only one score is counted. What if you got slightly lower combo but way higher acc on the same mod combo as your current play to where it's worth way more pp? Why not count that too, just because it's not a different mod combination?
Sandy Hoey
I don’t think you get it. All Death means is that a lower score play can be the play that counts towards your pp if it has a different mod combination
Vuelo Eluko

Sandy Hoey wrote:

I don’t think you get it. All Death means is that a lower score play can be the play that counts towards your pp if it has a different mod combination
Only applying to different mod combos seems like a very arbitrary limitation.