forum

[resolved] Problem with osu beatmaps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kishuya
Problem Details:
Okay so yesterday morning I had about 22.6k beatmaps installed on my hard drive, when I came back later that day I started up osu to see a message saying "a change was detected in your beatmap folder" what I just ignored as it usually randomly comes up even when I don't touch my folder, as I was playing I noticed I was missing some maps, I went back to the title screen to see osu! telling me that I had 11k beatmaps; at first, I thought to press F5 to refresh what ended up doing nothing apart from saying "checking for new files". At first, I thought it was due to a corrupted hard drive related issue but no other data on my computer had been lost, also when I went to download some of my old beatmaps I found they weren't importing, when I went to go check my osu folder I found all most if not all of the beatmaps that weren't appearing in game, I went back to the map selection and pressed F5 again but again I just got a "checking for new files"

Edit: I'm also having trouble redownloading lost beatmaps, as all the beatmaps that aren't appearing in the game are still in the songs folder, osu doesn't import them when I try to reinstall them without deleting the original beatmap folder that isn't loading in game.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20180210.2cuttingedge ... I'm on stable.....
Lyawi
F5 would fix it. Can you close osu! and put the osu!.db file out of the folder? By launching it the next time it'll create a new osu!.db file and I hope that will fix it. If it doesn't, you should try running the osu!repair file once and see if that helps.
Topic Starter
Kishuya

Lyawi wrote:

F5 would fix it. Can you close osu! and put the osu!.db file out of the folder? By launching it the next time it'll create a new osu!.db file and I hope that will fix it. If it doesn't, you should try running the osu!repair file once and see if that helps.
thanks for the reply!, I've taken out the database file and it's currently reprocessing all of the beatmaps that I have. Will make an edit depending on the outcome.

Thanks for your help! osu has processed all of the 28k* beatmaps, now the fun part..... waiting for it all to sort itself...