forum

posted
Total Posts
show more
silmarilen
He was just your average shitposter but then he got banned and decided a good retaliation was to make literally over 100 accounts. Every account kept getting banned and he kept making new ones just being a general nuisance to the place (shitposting and stuff, making lots of threads without any actual content, just spam basically).

On a side note, he was actually really good at osu. One of the first people to pass freedom dive back before it was ranked.
Naimae

silmarilen wrote:

He was just your average shitposter but then he got banned and decided a good retaliation was to make literally over 100 accounts. Every account kept getting banned and he kept making new ones just being a general nuisance to the place (shitposting and stuff, making lots of threads without any actual content, just spam basically).

On a side note, he was actually really good at osu. One of the first people to pass freedom dive back before it was ranked.
ot mythology and legends poggers
abraker

silmarilen wrote:

damn such legend
Naimae
On a more serious note, an actual osu! storyline would be really cool. I'm not sure if peppy would want to put the effort into making a story mode or what that would even entail, but it'd be a nice thing to have fun with.

Such a thing could include, say, milestones you can get while playing the game that only matter for the story mode. Kind of like achievements, but it wouldn't show up on your profile or anything (but there could be storymode achievements, like XX% completion or Completed <mission name>). There could even be maps commissioned by the staff specifically for story mode, and - if you're really ambitious - it could become a platform for original osu! music as opposed to just licensed stuff. Licensed stuff would work, but original music could be tailored specifically for the story.

It would definitely have to relate to osu! "click the circles" meme, and maybe it could be a way to introduce people to different game modes. Let's say there are four "story arcs"(?), each with a osu character (Peppy, Mocha, etc.) as a playable protagonist. It could either be running through the same story or each character could have their own unique story, which would need a lot more brainstorming and work. Length of stories could vary as well.

Because of the nature of the game - everyone goes on to play other maps and keep farming - I think the best thing for the story would be to leave the ending open ended? Some kind of implication that the protagonist has not stopped her fight against whatever challenges she faced and continues to play beatmaps.

There COULD be pp milestones that trigger interludes or something, but that'd be really discouraging to people who can't make it that far.
abraker
Idea is good, but someone must make up the story first
ColdTooth
I'm a fanfic writer.
Topic Starter
Neko Ari
ColdTooth

smithyboymitch wrote:

ColdTooth wrote:

I'm a fanfic writer.
Im interested.
I'm already working with john, abraker, and a few others OT writers. That's why we're low on news.
Naimae
i've already been trying to put together a plot that i think would be cool but i tend to get super autistic about my worldbuilding

i'm doing this peppster even cares w
Topic Starter
Neko Ari
Ashton
Music lovers from around the world unite in a diversive universe called; “Osu!”. Each willing to spend their lives for the sweet sweet currency known as PP, however with strict rivalries and controversy, things tend to get a little spicy.

Cookiezi, the god of Osu!. Mysterious. Powerful. And Asian.

Angelsim, Cookiezi’s biggest worshipper, dreams of one day becoming the god; constantly changing his identity to stay hidden.

Rafis, a controversial dt farmer who despises the god and will do anything to overtake him; even if it means cheating his way to the top.

Click. Those. Circles.

“Sheds light on the drama that sits behind clicking circles tot he beat of music. A very thrilling story, indeed.”
-Canadian Baka Book Critic Master

“A suspenseful, yet somewhat comedic, and very deep story. 9/10.”
-OT times
abraker
Wait so will the story be meta or original?
Saturnalize

Canadian Baka wrote:

“Sheds light on the drama that sits behind clicking circles tot he beat of music. A very thrilling story, indeed.”
-Canadian Baka Book Critic Master
this is not a review from cb because it lacks :3 and misspelling
Naimae

smithyboymitch wrote:

citremi wrote:

i've already been trying to put together a plot that i think would be cool but i tend to get super autistic about my worldbuilding

i'm doing this peppster even cares w
The osu community is on a higher level than i even began to imagine, jesus. Pretty cool actually though
wait no i meant to say i doubt he cares lol

abraker wrote:

Wait so will the story be meta or original?
original, meta is too memey

i don't want to put in any names or else it'd be weird
like if cookie is a character in it and then he plays it he'll be like ??? and its not fair to him tbh or anyone else thatd show up in it
clover
this is a 500 iq post
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee
who put this thread back to the top of the page fuck you
clover

Fser wrote:

who put this thread back to the top of the page fuck you
i'm sorry fser,,,,,,,,,,,
Offdensen
I have another idea !!!
Add ppy in the plot as like a god in it or somethin
Stefan
peppy is the mastermind (evil)
devs are commanders (also evil)
QAT/GMT are high-tier soldiers (evil but some secretly dislike that)
Majority of users are evil foot soldiers and join the alliance of evil
There is some hero shit idk

Finish what I have wrote
[-CeMAqpOP-]kee

Stefan wrote:

peppy is the mastermind (evil)
devs are commanders (also evil)
QAT/GMT are high-tier soldiers (evil but some secretly dislike that)
Majority of users are evil foot soldiers and join the alliance of evil
There is some hero shit idk

Finish what I have wrote
i love you stefan
igorsprite
mapping is the main story