forum

[Archived] Mouse sensitivity drops when I start playing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dianthus
Problem Details:

My mouse sensitivity drops when I start playing. In any of the menus, my sensitivity is okay, but once I start playing the song, the sensitivity drops. I had to change it to ~1.25x for it to stay similar to the menu one with 1.0x sensitivity. It all happened when I got a new mouse. The previous mouse I had was Steelseries Sensei Raw, now I have Steelseries Sensei 310.

Before you start telling me to do/check useless things please take a look at these:

1. I'm looking for a PERMANENT solution, no a random make-shift one that kinda fixes it, but kinda doesn't (so please don't suggest just keeping sensitivity at 1.25x).
2. No, I don't have acceleration on. I never have.
3. I always play with Raw Input enabled. Disabling it doesn't work.
4. I play with unlimited fps (during gameplay). My frame time hasn't increased since yesterday (the day I got the new mouse).
5. Full-screen, letterboxing. Windows 10.
6. Using a different USB port doesn't fix it.
7. I haven't changed any of the options in Windows mouse settings (checked it) and neither in osu! settings (also checked it).
8. It works as usual in any other video game I have tried. Haven't yet tried them all, but this far I'm experiencing this only in osu!.
9. There is no way I accidentally press the DPI (or whatever button it is) every time I play with this mouse.

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
Latest Stable version.

EDIT:
I have the same problem on my laptop.