forum

[Archived] osu beatmap folder minimalized to 1/5

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Cookie ai Ushio
Hey Guys,

Problem Details:
I have a pretty annoying problem with osu, cuz many and I mean really REALLY many beatmps were deleted somehow!
I don't even know why. 2500 Beatmaps of 3200 somewhat were just deleted so I now only have around 600 beatmaps at my folder.
This is really irritating, cuz I haven't even typed a keyboard combination whatsoever.

How it started:
I played osu like everyday a while but then had to go for a few minutes, so I closed osu
shortly thereafter I opened osu again but with teamspeak at the same time but a few seconds later osu told me that my beatmap folder was corrupted or smthing like that and I only had the opinion to tap "OK".
I didn't think much 'bout it bc it happened a few times ago without any changes, so I tapped OK without knowing what could happen to me.
Then right after that it seemed like everything was going to crash bc teamspeak(no respond) appeared right after that and shortly thereafter a blackscreen occured.
Seconds later osu started again with the message [A change in your beatmap folder was detected... bc of an error or smthing similar] which happened to me befor but with no change.
1. Played osu multiplayer
2. Realized there was a map I already had but I had to download it again without knowing beatmaps were deleted
3. Checked my beatmap folder
4. 4/5 beatmaps were deleted

Unfortunately I didn't think of making a screenshot bc it's my first time posting smthing in here

Any1 know if this is fixable or not? And if so how?

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
Death
Just to be clear, where are you getting the numbers for how many beatmaps you have? Are you looking at the number displayed inside osu!, or you are actually checking to see how many folders you have inside your Songs folder? Those two numbers are going to differ.

osu! does not randomly delete beatmaps. It is possible your database files was somehow corrupted, but the maps you have will still remain inside the folder and a new database should be generated. Try hitting F5 on the song selection screen. If your maps appear again great, you don't have to continue reading this.

If there is a map you absolutely 100% know you had before, check inside the actual osu!\Songs folder to make sure it is there. If not, check your recycle bin. And if it isn't in there either, you may want to scan your computer because something else could be deleting your files.

If it does happen to be in there, make sure you are not grouping your beatmaps by anything and scroll to the top of your song list. Delete all the maps that don't have any data (e.g. No title, no artist, no music, etc). Do the same thing for the bottom of the list.

Close osu! and navigate to your osu! folder. Find the file "osu!.db" and move it outside the folder. Restart your game and hit F5 on the song selection screen.