forum

I'm stuck and i can't get better

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Makoto Kou
I got up to rank 90k within the first 4 months of playing osu, but suddenly at that point i just stopped improving enough to actually get ranks, and i've been practicing nearly every single day to get better, but even though my accuracy and reading is getting better, there are still tons of things holding me back. For Some reason i have a very very hard time Full comboing anything. Even 4.5* maps that i can get 93-98% accuracy on, i can barely ever FC any of them, and that's too low for me to even get ranks or PP that is worth it.

The main thing that keeps happening to me is i get a ton of anxiety when i am doing good, possibly from fear of messing up or something, but then that anxiety FORCES me to mess up because i get too tense and slow down and get tired very easily and inevitably choke the combo. I've tried practicing 5* for a long time and i still can't fc any of them. It is just so frustrating when i see other people just able to do it so easily like it's nothing, and i just practice and practice, and i almost never full combo anything anymore.

Even when i am calm, i will slider break, or i will miss a very easy note by a few centimeters, which is very frustrating when it just keeps happening repeatedly. I've patiently tried to enjoy the game without improving for like 5 months now, but i just get so tired of it. I thrive on progression, and being stuck like this just makes me feel like giving up, but i really don't want to give up on this game.

I want to believe it's possible for me to get rank #1 someday, or at least in the top 10k ranks would be nice, i know it doesn't happen right away, and it takes tons of work, but I've been practicing for like 5 months now and my ranks has been going DOWN, i was at rank 86k at one point and now i am at rank 93k. If anyone is willing to help me find out what is holding me back, and the things i need to work on to start improving again i would be very grateful. Sorry if this is a long post that just sounds like i'm complaining, but this has been bothering me for so long and i just have not been able to find the answer.
kai99

Makoto Kou wrote:

I got up to rank 90k within the first 4 months of playing osu, but suddenly at that point i just stopped improving enough to actually get ranks, and i've been practicing nearly every single day to get better, but even though my accuracy and reading is getting better, there are still tons of things holding me back. For Some reason i have a very very hard time Full comboing anything. Even 4.5* maps that i can get 93-98% accuracy on, i can barely ever FC any of them, and that's too low for me to even get ranks or PP that is worth it.
this happened to me too. 2k to 3k pp is a really rough path, and it will continue to be in the future. ~2k pp is really not that hard, but it gets real tough after that because there are just so many factors that can make you miss. i have like a bunch of maps that i have 1-5 misses on.

just play more, and there will be a day that everything clicks and you get to fc things. but up to then, you'll have to just play more. play more maps, play more of the same maps, don't try to get pp. one day, you'll just be clicking on time and aiming good. that doesn't mean you'll be able to continue fc things after that phase; you'll get stuck again; but another day will come when you can fc things. imo that's how my pp increases over time, and today was one of the good days.
DXPOHIHIHI
Play Time: 535 hours

Lol wat, have you stopped playing osu for a long time?
Wishes
I think almost everyone gets this kind of problem. You get into the mindset "I'm trying to FC this, I'm trying to FC this" then you just miss randomly. It's pretty normal. I suggest you practice consistency by doing maps that you find relatively easy (but not too easy), and aim for high acc on them (eg: 97%+). Don't stress too much about FC'ing them, it will come naturally once you are consistent with hitting every note. Also play hard maps to raise your speed (but not too much, you'll kill your acc). Eventually you will improve. Good luck!
pandaBee
Step 1. Learn how to play efficiently
Step 2. Enjoy game
Step 3. Get good
Step 4. PP
Topic Starter
Makoto Kou

szkiller wrote:

Play Time: 535 hours

Lol wat, have you stopped playing osu for a long time?
Well i have taken a few day breaks, but that's just about it. This game is too addicting to stop playing for a long time. xD

I think another reason that could have been slowing me down is i would switch mods a lot and play different mods for a while, when i should just be playing 4.5-5.5* on no mod until i get better.

Thanks everyone for the help.