forum

[Archived] I need help

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
xCiclon
Osu stop working help!
ForeverFabulous
What do you mean stop working. Does osu! crash on start up? Does osu! not run well? We kinda need more info.
Topic Starter
xCiclon
Oh sorry, when I start osu tells me osu! stop working
Death
Does a crying Pippi pop up? If so, click on her and paste the log that is generated here.

Otherwise, please follow this guide to get the log from your event viewer, and paste that here.
Topic Starter
xCiclon
Application: osu! .exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: the final process due to an unhandled exception. Exception information: System.AccessViolationException en OpenTK.Graphics.ES30.GL.LinkProgram(Int32) en osu.Framework.Graphics.Shaders.Shader.Compile() en osu.Framework.Graphics.Shaders.Shader.EnsureLoaded() en osu.Framework.Graphics.OpenGL.GLWrapper.Reset(OpenTK.Vector2) en osu.Framework.Platform.GameHost.DrawFrame() en osu.Framework.Threading.GameThread.ProcessFrame() en osu.Framework.Threading.GameThread.runWork() en System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(System.Object) en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean) en System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object) en System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
Death
Please make sure your graphics drivers are up to date and installed properly.

There are also a few settings you can try changing. Navigate to your osu! folder and edit the file "osu!.pcname.cfg" in notepad. Find the lines BloomSoftening and Shaders and set them to 0 if they are currently set to 1. Save the file if you made any changes and attempt to start the game.

In that same file, you can also attempt to start the game in compatibility mode by setting the line CompatibilityContext to 1. Again, save the file and attempt to start the game.