forum

PLANET//SHAPER Samples

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
johnmedina999

Hello, I'd like to dedicate a thread to figuring out the samples of Camellia's PLANET//SHAPER; here is the song if you haven't heard it yet:

I really, really like this song. The whole album is top-notch, but this song in particular stands out to me (maybe just because the name is the same). There are many, many, many samples in this song, and I figured this would be a great place to figure them out. Finding samples is really fun because it feels rewarding when you find out where they come from.
Topic Starter
johnmedina999
So far, I have one and a half:
The first one says, "All that scratchin' is making me itch itch itch itch" and it appears around 1:14 in the song. I figured this one out when I first heard "On the FM" by C-show (the sample appears in the beginning at 0:02):

Doing some research, I found out this sample comes from "Buffalo Gals" by Malcolm McLaren (the sample starts at 0:33):

The other one I have is incomplete because I don't know exactly what it says. I think it's something like "Stopping my mind" but I'm not really sure. The sample appears at 2:55 in PLANET//SHAPER.

The other place I've heard this lyric is in "Paradoxy" by lapix (the sample starts at 1:22):

But the remywiki entry doesn't have anything on it.

So, what about you? Can you help put the pieces of the puzzle together?

EDIT: Fixed the YouTube link for Paradoxy.
Railey2
that song is god-tier but i have no idea how i'd go about finding the samples used
Topic Starter
johnmedina999

Railey2 wrote:

that song is god-tier but i have no idea how i'd go about finding the samples used
Glad you like the song, and don't worry! Sometimes they just come to you because you heard them in another song (like the first one), sometimes by prior knowledge, sometimes you can even just Google the sample if you know what it says, and if you're really lucky, you'll find it. Sometimes it's impossible to find the exact source of them because they come from special sample CDs that are pretty obscure even to those in the professional music scene.
In any case, the more people that participate, the higher chance we have of finding samples, so I thank you for your effort!
Megumj
Lol funny music! ^^
felys
if you ever find the samples for 02:10:991 - and 02:11:909 - please hit me up because it's a really serious matter ykno
Topic Starter
johnmedina999
Gonna bump this thread with some good news: I submitted the sample I knew for sure onto whosampled.com and it got approved!

If you'd like, you can view it here.
On another note, I haven't been able to find anything else so far since the last time I posted. It would be really great if someone else knew the samples.

felys wrote:

if you ever find the samples for 02:10:991 - and 02:11:909 - please hit me up because it's a really serious matter ykno
Yeah I'm trying, sorry for not having it yet.
Topic Starter
johnmedina999
Time to necro this thread.

Razz pointed out a sample near the end of PLANET//SHAPER; at around 5:45; it says, "hear the drummer get wick[ed]".

The song that was sampled is Public Enemy - Welcome to the Terrordome, and the sample appears at 0:41:

Thank you very much for this!!
Birdy
Hey, that's my upload of the song lmao
Topic Starter
johnmedina999
congrats I guess
abraker
I just discovered this thread. Idk how to even go about this
Topic Starter
johnmedina999

abraker wrote:

I just discovered this thread. Idk how to even go about this
Help us find samples!

---

So I submitted the most recent sample found for this song on WhoSampled, and a few days ago it was revealed that it was approved!

You can view it here if you like.

Thanks again, Razz, for helping!