forum

[duplicate] Add tutorial beatmaps for other game modes

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +0
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette
I think this is a necessary feature.

I mean, why should there only be a tutorial for standard? I think all the other game modes deserve a fully storyboarded and narrated tutorial.

It really wouldn’t be that hard to do, just make 4 more diffs for the osu tutorial map that cover other game modes (osu!mania 4K, osu!mania 7k, osu!taiko, and osu!catch)
- Zuramaru -
A few things I feel that should be taken into consideration. First, when the game came out, standard was the only game mode that existed, hence why it's the only one that has a tutorial. But if someone could take the time to remake the tutorial for all game modes, that'd be great. Second, and this is just my opinion, I think standard has more game mechanics that need to be explained than the other game modes, with taiko being second, CTB 3rd, and mania 4th. which furthered the need for a tutorial. Finally, if more tutorials were to be implemented, I don't think there needs to be separate tutorials for 4k and 7k as you can apply basics from one to the other and vice-versa.
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Krypto wrote:

A few things I feel that should be taken into consideration. First, when the game came out, standard was the only game mode that existed, hence why it's the only one that has a tutorial. But if someone could take the time to remake the tutorial for all game modes, that'd be great. Second, and this is just my opinion, I think standard has more game mechanics that need to be explained than the other game modes, with taiko being second, CTB 3rd, and mania 4th. which furthered the need for a tutorial. Finally, if more tutorials were to be implemented, I don't think there needs to be separate tutorials for 4k and 7k as you can apply basics from one to the other and vice-versa.
4K and 7K separate tutorials might not be necessary. I just thought it would be better than just 4K or just 7K
Sandy Hoey
Duplicate: t/360477
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

Sandy Hoey wrote:

That’s a different concept.

That’s like saying grapefruits and bananas are similar
abraker

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

Sandy Hoey wrote:

That’s a different concept.

That’s like saying grapefruits and bananas are similar
please humor me

Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette
They are talking about a tutorial panel in settings, I’m talking about making a tutorial in beatmap form. Two different formats
abraker

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

They are talking about a tutorial panel in settings, I’m talking about making a tutorial in beatmap form. Two different formats
So what would the point of a panel that leads nowhere be? It is implied that it goes to beatmap tutorials, and goes with the request. You wouldn't stop building a bridge until someone decides to suggest to lay out the road on top of the pillars, would you?
Topic Starter
[MTF] Wolfette

abraker wrote:

AsrielDr33murr wrote:

So what would the point of a panel that leads nowhere be? It is implied that it goes to beatmap tutorials, and goes with the request. You wouldn't stop building a bridge until someone decides to suggest to lay out the road on top of the pillars, would you?
Ohh… I see