forum

[Archived] Random lag spikes mid beatmap

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
masamesa
Problem Details: So basically what happens is random during the song I get these small lag spikes that cause me to miss notes, making the entire game unplayable personally. I've been having this happen for awhile now to the point I stopped playing, I've moved the game to my SSD, it has plenty of space on the SSD, my build is 1060 3gb, i5-4590 3.30GH, 8gb ram and I've never had any issues with the lag until I got my Wacom cth480, I'm not sure if it's an issue with the tablet causing lag spikes in game but whatever it is, it's very frustrating.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

https://clips.twitch.tv/SlipperyGlamorousWolfPogChamp

osu! version: 20171227.2 (latest)
Dntm8kmeeatu
This is normally caused because of a background program or process is taking up resources, normally random spikes in CPU or Disk usage can cause instability and inconsistent frames. The fact you are streaming as well may amplify these.

I suggest disabling and closing all background programs and processes that are not required.

Things like Antivirus are known to cause issues as well, you can try disabling it temporarily, but do this at your own risk.
mariosso5o
I had a similar problem while playing. Shutting down GOG Galaxy client fixed it for me so like Dntm8kmeeatu said it's probably a background program issue.
Topic Starter
masamesa
This is what my task manager looks like while streaming, there should be no issue, I have windows defender shut off entirely and I do not use any form of virus protection.
Dntm8kmeeatu
Try having osu! playing auto in the background while watching Task manager for spikes in Disk or CPU. Sometimes it's processes you wouldn't even think of, or even a Windows process.

Please also try closing Discord, or disable it's overlay (if enabled)
Topic Starter
masamesa
Still having the lag, it's a lot less with discord closed and the overlay off but still too laggy to fc anything imo.

Edit: I'd like to add it seems like when I miss I have the lag spikes right after missing causing me to miss more.
Kondou-Shinichi
try closing google chrome?
Topic Starter
masamesa

Kondou-Shinichi wrote:

try closing google chrome?
Didn't help before, I'm currently using the new streamlabs OBS and I'm getting a little less lag it's just whenever obs is up I get lag, which I shouldn't.
nanoya
i have the same problem but i have nothing opened exept osu! i get audio lags and game lag that cause me to fail beatmaps that i almost fc it's really annoying