forum

[Archived] osu! gpu usage won't go 100%

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
TheUltrayTR
I just bought a new laptop, wanted to launch osu!. Well, after I did I saw that I kept getting 3-3,1 ms on gameplay (1080p). So, I went to Settings to see why I'm getting such low ms (because my old GT630M was able to get 1,8-2 ms at best with i5-3210m. (1366x768) ). Tried no compatibility mode, got a higher fps (in some maps) but it isn't stable. Wanted to check my GPU usage and I saw the problem lied at my GPU usage. It was around 60-80%, my iGPU was around 80-90% and my CPU usually at 50-55%. And as I set my resolution to lower ones, I saw my fps got better (obviously)(1-1,1 ms at 720p) while GPU usage left the same. (Game is obviously using NVIDIA GPU, checked those either. Have no idea why my iGPU usage flew that much.) So, how can I make osu! use the GPU 100% ? This game is the only one that hasn''t used this GPU at 99-100%.

Specs : Intel i5-7300HQ
8 GB DDR4 RAM
Game running on SSD
NVIDIA GTX 1050 Ti

osu! version : stable

Screenshots of GPU usages while in-gameplay :
https://prnt.sc/i5knim -no compatibility mode @ 3,2 ms
https://prnt.sc/i5koct -compatibility mode @ 2,7 ms
Kao
100% GPU usage is going to make you lag (don't quote me on that though), and 2ms is actually not noticeable.
I don't see the problem here.

You can go to the nvdia control panel and set osu! to run at nvdia graphics card in preferences, if you have (You said "game is obviously using gpu" so I don't know if this is what you meant)
Kondou-Shinichi
i don't think 100% usages is ever a good thing
Topic Starter
TheUltrayTR

Kao wrote:

100% GPU usage is going to make you lag (don't quote me on that though), and 2ms is actually not noticeable.
I don't see the problem here.

You can go to the nvdia control panel and set osu! to run at nvdia graphics card in preferences, if you have (You said "game is obviously using gpu" so I don't know if this is what you meant)
Yup, this is what I meant. It was just weird, that much distance between GT630m and GTX 1050 Ti, and on 1080p, getting lower fps than that card. Well, I can approve the thing you said, because I set custom frame limit earlier, got a better but unstable fps as you said. So, just gonna play with it as you said :D Ty for replies btw.